Ideas for natural solutions to wind?

SmokyJoe78

Reaction score
My LO has had really bad wind (from both ends) in the last few days (he's BF). He's getting really upset and it seems to be especially sore when he's filling his nappy or passing gas. He is also taking a long time to burp when I wind him and getting very upset :(

I was wondering if there was anything I could take to try and help - I wondering if it's something to do with my milk? Maybe some kind of herbal tea or something? Anyone know of anything?

Or any other ideas - always welcome - think I got about 1 hour of sleep last night lol...

Peppermint tea is good for wind and settling tummies. You can give it boiled and cooled in a little cup :)

Yeah, make it pretty weak and then it's fine for the baby, as are other herbal teas, like chamomile which is good for calming and settling down.

i use baby massage before a feed if he's suffering discomfort

Also you could try cutting things like dairy out of your diet, may help :)

I read that drinking peppermint or chamomille if you are breastfeeding can also help baby as it gets into the milk too. I did that lots when Emma was colicky and I think the peppermint tea helped a little. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->