Ideas for Reducing Mood Swings When Reducing Feeds

blueblue

Finally a Rainbow
Reaction score
My baby is mixed fed (has been since first week, he failed to thrive and we had to supplement, he was very sleepy and didn't stimulate my milk supply), about 50/50 bf and formula, down from 60 bf/40 formula. Since the clocks went back he's been out of sorts in the mornings and is too tired to bf before the bottle and his first nap - I'm unable to change the timing as he wants to feed/nap right in the middle of the school run but won't take the bottle just before. The old routine was 7am wake, bf, school run just before 9am, then 9.20ish bf then bottle and big nap. Now it's 7am wake, bf, school run, we get home and he's hungry by then and screaming as overtired. He gets hungry again and tired during the school run but won't take another feed before we leave as he isn't hungry then.

I don't want to pump and I'm happy to give him formula whilst continuing to breastfeed for as long as it lasts .

I'm finding that I'm getting mood swings/PMS type feelings for the last week or so. I've read that fish oil helps with partial weaning mood swings, does anyone have any other ideas?

I don't know anything about mood swing reduction but I wondered if the school would let you feed him there before you left to go back home again?

Thanks, they wouldn't on a regular basis as parents aren't usually allowed into the main school building but I think my supply/hormones have adjusted now, he's 50/50 at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->