Ideas Please

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
What do you make for "healthy" meals??? I am having serious cooking block and I really need some help coming up with ideas for things to cook that are good for you/ low fat.

Chicken/ tuna, new potatos and salad are my favourites, or I change the salad for vegetables! :)

I eat a lot of stir fry!
With lots of peppers and onions, a little bit of VH Teryaki Sauce, and I switch it up between chicken and shrimp! :)

Omelettes made with egg whites and lots of veggies :)

grilled chicken breast with vegetables, fish grilled or baked, baked chicken and baked sweet potatoes.

Wraps with avocado, chicken, salad, and light ranch or bbq sauce. That's what I eat. :D

rice is aso good i add sweetcorn fat free chipped potatoes peas onions mushrooms..which u can have grilled chicken with xx

I like pasta. Aslong as you don't go OTT on the actual pasta it stays quite low cal. I bulk it up with veg like sweetcorn, peppers, peas etc etc and chicken. I make an easy peasy sauce with chopped tomatoes, garlic, bit of sugar, ketchup, onion and dried chili. My pasta comes under 450cals a serving :)

I'm vegetarian and the main meals we have are:

Spaghetti with quorn mince and a sauce we make from chopped tomatoes and frozen veg
Quorn fillets with sweet and sour sauce and brown rice
Stir fry with noodles
Veggie burgers with home-made wedges (made with fry light so the only calories come from the potato)
Haloumi with ciabatta, watercress, and a homemade dressing
Couscous with chunky veg sauce
Quorn roast with roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips

All our cooking is done with frylight rather than oil to save on calories/fats and we try to make sauces and dressings ourselves rather than buy ones that are packed with sugars and artificial stuff. It also works out cheaper a lot of the time.

Had chicken wrapped in bacon last night, with steamed veg (loads of asparagus yumMY!), broccoli, sweetcorns and mini potatoes. Sounds quite boring but it was delish!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->