• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If a recipe calls for "half a margarine stick" how much is that??

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Using an American recipe to make banana cupcakes (yumyum) and it says to use half a margarine stick but I have no idea how much that is.

I rekon its about as much as half a bag of flour....!! :rofl: sorry.... not sure!!! what a silly thing to put in a recipe!! Could it be anymore vague...!!! x

Well I finally found an answer on google that said 1/2 cup so went with that and the cupcakes are DIVINE! Won't be lasting long...

Here's the recipe, use brown sugar and I added some maple syrup when I mashed up the banana:

https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/171/Banana_Cupcakes53645.shtml

I rekon its about as much as half a bag of flour....!! :rofl: sorry.... not sure!!! what a silly thing to put in a recipe!! Could it be anymore vague...!!! x

So helpful as always Plum!

1/4-1/3 cup... it depends on what you're making. Sometimes with a 1/4 cup it turns out too dry

I thought it would be a 1/2 cup? Trust in google!!

When in doubt, call a grandmother.

I thought it would be a 1/2 cup? Trust in google!!

When in doubt, call a grandmother.

Ha ha, my grandmother wouldn't have a clue!

I found the answer on yahoo answers, someone had asked the same questions and a chef responded saying it was 1/2 cup. 1/2 cup worked in my recipe.

Using an American recipe to make banana cupcakes (yumyum) and it says to use half a margarine stick but I have no idea how much that is.

1 stick of margarine/butter = 1/2 cup
1/2 a stick of margarine/butter = 1/4 cup.

https://alignedleft.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/stick-of-butter-wrapper.jpg

I do a lot of baking, etc, so I know this. :)

and 4 sticks of butter = 1lb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->