if i.... update pg 1!

babydevil1989

Reaction score
ovulated on 3rd oct would that make me 5weeks or 7 weeks?

i made a thread about brown discharge and baby only measuring 3.2mm (about 5ish weeks) with no hb yet.

im wondering if i would be classed as 7 weeks pregnant or 5?
im absolutely terrified that im going to lose this baby! the sonographer sat me down and told me what will happen if i miscarry and its all i could think about! :cry:

UPDATED :)

well after a horrible week of waiting and bleeding i went to my scan prepared to be told that id miscarried!

instead i see a lovely healthy bean measuring 6ish weekd with a fluttering heartbeat!!! im so confused lol!

they couldnt find a reason for the bleeding its just one of those things!

i have to go back in two weeks to be dated properly and to make sure everything is still ok.

im still being cautious but :cloud9: x

Sorry to hear you are having to go through this worry. Fx'd all is fine. My understanding is based on those dates you would be classed as 7 weeks & 5 because although you only conceived 5 and a bit weeks ago, doctors count pregnancy from the date of your last period. And they base this on a 28 day cycle so you have to add two weeks onto your ov date. Hope that makes sense! Bit rambly!

Have they invited you back for a repeat scan?

:flower:

thankyou! x

yes i have a repeat scan on thursday but my head is all over the place! :(

i dont have a 28 day cycle. with my son i was sure of my dates and at 12 weeks they put me back to 10 but i didnt have any brown blood!

so if baby was measuring 5 weeks on scan that COULD mean its right?

its horrible just wish i didnt have 5 more days of worry! x

i hope all is ok with you and your little bean. like the previous person said you have to count from your first day of your last period. so you should be at about 7 + 5 weeks. you last period started probably around the 19th of september. good luck and i hope all is ok.

I ov'd on the 3rd of october too hun, and i'm 7+6 (we may have different cycles though), your 2 weeks pregnant on the day you concieve according to doctors calculations so i'd say you should be 7 weeks + now x

Is it possible you ov'd later? Babies do grow at different rates but eventually catch up, early scans usually date behind as its hard to tell really. Hope it works out for you hun, big hugs xx

sorry also if it is just some brown blood it means its old therfore nothing serious. if the tech dated your bean at 5 weeks then that should be right. by the way how do you know you ovulated on 3 of oct? did you use opk or temp?

i know i ov'd then as we didnt have sex after the 2nd oct (until i got bfp) so its either before that date maybe a couple of days after!

thanks for the replys my last period was 12th september and i have a 35 day cycle.

i wish i hadnt had a scan now its making me an emotional wreck!! x

I don't know what to say hun, i really hope all is well with baby, i have a scan on tuesday and i'm half wishing i hadn't booked it now!

Good luck thursday xxx

Not got any advice but just wanted to say big :hugs: and good luck for your next scan x

Early scans have been known to be wrong for one reason or another. If you carry any extra weight around your abdomen or have had previous abdominal surgery that has left scar tissue.

I think that the best way for you to figure out what is going on is to have your HCG levels checked and see if they are doubling the way that they should be because 5 weeks would put you 2.5 weeks behind if you ovulated on Oct. 3rd.

Anyhow, my doctor told me that my baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks when I was 9 weeks and 2 days.....and then a couple of minutes later found the hb and said everything looked perfect. I inquired how that was possible and she said that scar tissue from my previous c-sections could be making it hard to see....plus I'm overweight....although she didn't mention that! :) Good Luck to you hun!!!!

thanks i had a csection last time and i am overweight.

they put me back 2 weeks with my son at 12 weeks so maybe thats what happening this time. il just have to wait and see! xx

It is not uncommon to measure 'off average' early on , try not to worry and keep us updated xx

I hate to say it but measuring two weeks behind at this stage along with bleeding is not very promising. I assume it was an internal scan, by the way? In which case scar tissue or weight aren't that much of an issue.
I am not saying it is definitely all over and I think it is a good idea to rescan on Thursday. I just think the situation is serious and I think you might need to expect bad news :hugs:

im prepared for the worst!

im not actually bleeding i was spotting brown discharge (which has gone now) for two days.

i suppose what will be will be! x

Sending you some baby dust and lots of strength for your rescan. I am sure it will be emotional either way :dust:

Well i think thats it! im now bleeding red blood with back ache and cramping!

I dont actually know what to do im so scared! xz

So sorry to hear that :hugs: I would speak to your doctor and get some advice. Sending you my thoughts.

I'm so sorry :(
Although you wrote your post a number of hours ago and I don't know if it helps, this is how my natural m/cs happened (sorry, TMI warning):
I had the cramping and the lower backache (which my doctor explained are contractions of the uterus). This went on for a few hours. I was bleeding the whole time but not filling a pad an hour (if you do bleed that much, you need to go to the hospital). The cramps intensified and I finally passed some clots and tissue on the toilet. The clots were dark red and smooth looking, the tissue was pink/grey and in my case a bit rope-like. Many ladies describe passing a round sac. I didn't have that, just the clots and tissue for one and with the other I only had clots. Since you weren't very far along you will not have a visible foetus, which I can imagine would be very hard to handle.
Once I had passed these things I suddenly felt much better and I knew that what needed to be out was out. I still continued to bleed with the odd little clot but nothing that a pad couldn't handle and I still continued to have the lower backaches for a few days. A hot water bottle helped.
Because I have had complications in the past I had scans to verify that everything was out, but in most cases you are advised to make sure you have a negative pregnancy test a couple of weeks after the miscarriage.
Reasons to head to the hospital are if you are bleeding heavily (filling a pad an hour) or you need stronger painkillers. Otherwise, it may be easier to stay in the privacy of your own home with your own bathroom until the worst is over.
There is a wonderful loss support section here on bnb and there is a very informative sticky thread, too.
Again, I am so sorry you are going through this, hon :hugs::cry:

thanks the bleeding has stopped (seriously dont know whats going on!) it when it was only there when i wiped so put a pad on and when i woke there was nothing there.

i just wish i knew what was happening im assuming iv miscarried and the scan on thursday will confirm it x thanks for the replies! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->