If it is possible to concieve once is it def poss twice?

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here, I feel a little guilty about posting in here because
I but only made it to 6 1/2 weeks before losing my last pregnancy and I realise that was early and that there are people here who have really suffered after months and really conecting with their babies. I am soo sorry for all of you, it must be completely heart breaking!
But I feel I need to talk to someone, I try not to bore my friends and partner too much. After the last loss I was really sad but thought at least we knew we were fertile and could try again. But still no BFP and I lost the last one in October. This month I was hopefull, but this morning my temp dipped below coverline at 14dpo, so I am guessing I am not pregnant again. My doctor is really uninterested, what I want to know is if you can get pregnant once is it sure we can do it again? I am trying not to get obsessed or depressed but God it is hard. Anytips to stop obsessing pass them my way!
Good luck everybody, and thanks.

Unfortunately, obsession is the name of the game!

Don't feel guilty about posting, no matter how far along you were, it's still a loss, a loss of hopes, dreams and plans for the future.

Wishing you a speedy :bfp: xxx

Exactly right Debs - the loss of your hopes and dreams makes the TTC again all the harder - that's why we're all here supporting each other Natsby and you're very welcome.

My MC was also in October and I consoled myself with the thought that we'd conceived once so would do so again. I assumed it would happen quickly too but the truth is our bodies work in strange ways and while you can help it along, you'll get pregnant again when your body is ready. I hope for both of us that the wait doesn't last too much longer - 6 months seems like an eternity but in TTC terms it's quite normal.

Good luck!

xxx

Hi. Dont feel bad at all. A loss is a loss. I lost my 1st baby 3 years ago and i now have a 9 week old baby so it is very possible to conceive agagin. Dont worry i wasnt trying for 3 years or anything. I didnt try at all in fact as i was told that i could not conceve as both my tubes where blocked and i have pcos. So was waiting for IVF. while waiting we stoped using protection as we figured there was no point and within 6 months i conceived my little girl. Before i concived i new i had a problem as i was very irregular and my doctor like yours refused to help me. So i changed doctors. She helped me straight away. Sent me for tests and refered me to gyne. Thats when i had a scan and a lap and dye and thats when they said my tubes where blocked. So maybe look into changing doctors. I didnt move surgerys just doctors. Im so sorry for your loss, mine was at 7 weeks and was very hard to deal with x

Well you can never guarantee that you could get pregnant again but there is certainly nothing there to suggest you won't. An average couple having well timed unprotected sex will fall pregnant within a year so you still have time and although I know that isn't helpful when you are waiting the chances are you will fall pregnant again.

I am sorry for your loss - don't feel you can't post here just because some of us were further on.

Thanks everyone, isn´t it funny, I think i am fine, but everyone being kind makes me cry. Maybe it is the relief at feeling able to talk freely at last.

welcome to the forum.
I lost my baby at 6wks due to ectopic but it was still my baby. I imagined holding him/her, what kind of future he/she would of had etc. Its not just the loss of your baby, its the loss of your hopes, dreams and future plans too which makes it heartbreaking.

I hope u get that bfp soon. This is cycle 2 of ttc this time around as we had a 3mth break after our loss. I got pregnant on my 4th cycle of ttc last time with my dh but i had also ttc for 5yrs before that with my ex partner to no avail. Praying that i manage to get pg again but guess there is no way of knowing intill it happens xxx

Welcome Natsby. You absolutely fit in this forum. I had my first mc at 10 weeks and my second at 6 weeks. They were both my babies and I grieve for them both. It's good to cry, but also totally ok (and wonderful) to feel fine!

As you can see, I did conceive again, but with bad results. I'm extremely hopeful it will happen again soon. My sister had a mmc, then a beautiful baby boy, then another mmc and then a beautiful baby girl. My nephew and niece are now 12 and 9. I know many women who have had a mc and then gone on to have a healthy baby.

Baby dust to you, and welcome!

:dust:

HI Natsby.

I too had a miscarriage in October at about 6 weeks. I still find some days tough, especailly two weeks ago when it was 6 months to the day that I had foind out i was pregnant. I got faint line on bfp only to come on the nnext day :(

I too thought I would be pregnant agind by now as it it only took 3 months first time round but it has not happened yet and ye striple B 6 months seems liek forever.

However i think I am ovulating as I soeak (both sides !!!) so had better drag hubby to bed soon !!!!

baby dust to al !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Natsby

Never feel like you shouldn't be posting in here because you had an early mc. This forum is for anyone who has suffered a loss no matter how early or late it was so you totally fit in :hugs:

Our mmc was diagnosed at our first scan at the end of November and like you I do wonder if that was our only chance to conceive. I try to tell myself if it happened before it can happen again its just sometimes it takes time - obviously my body isn;t ready yet but hopefully soon it will be and we will get the baby we so badly want and deserve.

I know it is disapointing each month when AF arrives but all we can do is keep trying and keep everything crossed that we will get another chance soon :hugs:

Hey hun! First thing to say is i am so sorry for you loss, no matter how early it is its never easy to say goodbye.

I had a MC at 6 weeks in march 09 and it took us a year to get another :bfp: so sometimes it can just take a little while to catch again. Hang in there and feel free to rant and obsess on here no one will judge as we are all in the same boat xx

Hi
I m/c in feb at 8 weeks and am on my second cycle ttc- i know exactly how you feel I had been trying for years so it semed like a miracle it happened-only to be taken away. I too hope i will be pg soon-like right now so your feelings are natural x
Just wondering how long I keep trying naturally before ivf as I am 41and doc had said straight to ivf. going to try til aug then ivf-sound about right? xx

Thanks everyone, I feel much better since finding this site, it is amazing to feel all this support and know we aren´t alone. AF arrived yesterday so here goes month 7 and starting again, but maybe this month is the one, i´m feeling optomistic. Wishing you all much baby dust and that our next times are all much better and very very long!

Hi Natsby - I have my fingers crossed for you. We are on the same cycle now, I am CD1 too - I will follow your progress closely :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->