If my cervix was opening..

S

Serene123

I'd be bleeding, or have discharge, or something right?

I had two contractions last night and although I should be freaking out, I'm not. Bubs been very active since and I don't feel like anything is wrong?

My mum thinks I should go checked but I'm so sure there's nothing wrong and it hasn't happened since.

Normally I'd be the first person panicing and rushing down to the hospital but I just don't feel like anything is wrong.

You mean Braxton hicks contractions? what did it feel like.. if you feel nothing is wrong, go with your gut feeling and yes if he's moving loads im sure all is well.

Before I started, I got lots of discharge, leaking, my show and blood... everyone is different though obviously.

I am sure they were not real contractions. BH can be quick harsh at times. x

Well I assume they must have been braxton hicks because I only got two. I was curled over in pain though, I didn't think braxton hicks could do that? My whole body went tense and I got a really sharp pain in my stomach. They were an hour apart aswell. Never had pain like it before, and I was pretty sure getting my cervix checked was the worse pain ever. Guess I'm just getting a taster of what's to come

Braxton Hicks can be terrible. I didn't get many really bad ones, but I had a few where I got a bit scared. Its so normal to get all these aches and pains, but because it's all new to you, it's daunting. I felt the same, worrying at every little pain.

Hope you feel alright now.

My cervix was opening over a week and all during that time I had discharge and was slowly losing my mucus plug. So unless you have anything leaking out then it should be ok. I hope everything goes well for you :)

well i have no experiences in this but ihope everything turns out ok and LO stays in there snug and healthy:hugs:

Sometimes you won't have any idea that your cervix is opening...but as you move into active labour it's normal to have some birth show - blood streaked mucous. That's a great sign that you're starting to dilate. Any flowing blood like a period should be checked out immediately by your caregiver. Hope things are settling down for you.

Tracy

(Sorry - meant to say birth show is a great sign if you're full term !!) Like the other posters said - it's probably BH...which can happen if you're dehydrated.

Tracy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->