If one more person comments on my weight/size, I swear...*rant*

juhnayrae

Reaction score
I'm so tired of people (especially OLD MEN) making comments about how "huge" I am. There's a guy at work that I see several times a week and every time I see him he goes "WOW. JUST WOW. I can't believe how huge you are!" I want to punch him in the face. He's done it in front of other people and they've told him to stop, but he just continues to make comments about my size, weight, and how big I am. Every damn time.

Over the weekend I went shopping at an outlet mall with my SILs and MIL and this random old man was hollering at me from across the store saying stuff like "Wow, that baby's probably coming any minute, huh??" I told him, as politely as I could "Nope, we still have a couple of months." and then turned away like, clearly, I don't want to talk to you. He then proceeded to go on and on about how that can't be true and how my DOCTOR must of gotten it all wrong because I'm HUGE and this baby is going to come any time. His wife was standing there too, all smiling and saying nothing. Really?! Come on, if that was MY husband I'd drag him away and tell him what an ass he was being.

I'm just tired of being told how huge I am. I've always been really petite and I started to show early (like 11 or 12 weeks). I also don't have very big hips, so I'm carrying all out front and I'm carrying high, but I'm measuring perfectly.

Why do people think because you're pregnant that it means your body, including your weight and size, is now public domain?! Feeling pretty down today... :cry:

:hugs: I know how.you feel! FIL calls me buddah all the time, and MIL constantly days how big I am. Makes me want to.hide and cry!

I've had this the whole way through. If it's any consolation my growth has plateaud and now I look 35 weeks at 35 weeks instead of 35 weeks at 20 lol

I talked to my Grandad about this because it always does seem to be older men who say how huge you are.

He said when he was very young, everyone would celebrate having a big bump because they thought it meant the baby was growing big and strong. So saying how huge you are is like a weird "well done" apparently haha

I still get the 'are you sure it's not twins' every time I go to visit my nan!

I want to poke her eyes out

Lol Sarah!
I get the 'omg you've grown' every time I see someone at work that I've not seen for a while. Oh my fav one has to be someone I know make a bomb exploding noise after they have commented on my size, ya thanks i feel much better now, wanker!

I'm 100% with u on this. I'm soooooo sensitive about my weight and appearance anyway so for people to randomly comment on my size hurts like hell. A colleague said just before I finished work, my god your growing, I just said, It does tend to happen in pregnancy u know...... Sum people are just intellectually challenged!

Next time tell them where to shove their comments - so sick of people thinking they have the authority to comment on you!

I can identify with that. I attend a Church of over 300 and the number of people that just stare at my stomach then blow air out of their mouths with their eyes each Sunday is so annoying.

I would never dream of going up to someone who was just fat and say things like, "wowee you're massive" so why is it ok to so to someone who's pregnant?!

I agree with the previous poster - start crying - that'll shut them up!!

Story of my life! It's so annoying... People even comment on my weight gain it makes me crazy! I wish ppl would just eff off.

I refuse to go into the gas station when these 2 girls are working for this reason...I can't buy a bag of chips without getting a smerk and a comment about cravings...it's so annoying!!!

I still get the 'are you sure it's not twins' every time I go to visit my nan!

I want to poke her eyes out

OMG! There are 3 ladies at work that say this to me all the time! "Are you sure there's only one in there??!" Seriously? I'm in my 3rd trimester, I'm pretty sure by now someone would have noticed a second baby :dohh:

I posted a picture on Facebook when I was 26 weeks of a side shot of me that DH had taken (my entire family lives across the country and it's the best way to keep them in the loop) and one girl made the "are you sure there's only one in there?" comment. She also followed it up by saying that she's 4 weeks behind me and she isn't showing nearly as much. Well good for you! :growlmad:

Thanks for all the comments!! :hugs:
Glad I'm not the only one! Still, it sucks, it's hard enough having to go up sizes and not fitting into clothes that I fit into a month or two ago. The ladies at work are doing Weight Watchers together and every week they weigh in and I hear them saying like "OMG, I lost three pounds this week!" Really, I'm elated for them, :thumbup: but it hurts like hell when I step on the scale and see I've gained three pounds since I last saw the doctor! It's hard enough as it is being pregnant and gaining weight, we don't need people reminding us of it too. :nope:

I don't think people realise how we hear these sorts of comments EVERY DAY. ALL the time. For me it's actually comments on how small I look, and I get really annoyed about it. If it was just once then I could ignore it, but it's so constant no wonder we get snappy! People don't think like that - they think they are the only ones to comment and on;t understand why we don't take it well......

I don't get why people can't just say something nice, like "wow your bump looks great" or "you look lovely, pregnancy really suits you". Even if it's a lie, just be nice to me!!

Some people are just rude! I know how you feel, I'm getting it too :/
In a few weeks, you'll have a perfect little baba . Those rude people probably always have been and always will be rude. That's something they'll never change!
Keep your chin up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->