If you already have a baby, what will you do differently next time?

I will be near family this time. My mom was here but after she left it was so hard being alone and trying to adjust.
I will take it all with a grain of salt, the info I received and TRY not to be so scared.
I will sleep the night before my induction or c-section, that was brutal.

Um. I have a few questions:
- Codegirl: Why not c-section? Do you mind telling me about your experience, I'm dead scared about a tear as I feel I'm quite delicate down there... You can PM me if it's too harsh or you feel uncomfortable...
I want a natural birth, actually in a pool, but it's expensive and if anything goes wrong, I'll say "just do it" and also the epidural I'm wondering about... Pros and cons?? xxx

I've sent you a PM

Not sure if theres much I would do differently.
Probably wouldn't work full time up until 39wks, I'll finish earlier and relax a bit more. I kept getting headaches at night from working so much.

I'd have a planned c-section instead of a 3day labour ending in an emergency section! Afterwards I'll ask for help earlier rather than trying to do everything myself.

xx

This time around, I will be making sure the staff are not rude who labour me and that the hospital supports me with my SPD if it is as bad as it was after labour......the lack of help made it so miserable to stay.

Also I will make sure the nursery is ready and stays that way, so that when the time is right s/he can go into the nursery of a night! x

I loved my pregnancy with Tristan. But if I get pregnant again, I am going to try (I say try), not to worry so much and enjoy everything about it more. I remember almost constantly worrying during the first trimester about every little ache and pain and Googled every little symptom. I also worried about things like how tender my boobs were and constantly were prodding them to see if they were still sore and worried when they weren't etc (and was almost crying with relief when they became sore again).

I would also like to try and give birth without an epidural if I can. I did most of my 30 hour labour without one and only got one in the last two hours.

im hoping i wont have to be induced and everything will happen naturally as i can cope with the pain when its natural pain but not when its false and hopefully wont need a epidural!

Next time we will do what we want and not what our parents want.

Um. I have a few questions:
- Sparky0207: what's the pate aisle??
- Codegirl: Why not c-section? Do you mind telling me about your experience, I'm dead scared about a tear as I feel I'm quite delicate down there... You can PM me if it's too harsh or you feel uncomfortable...
I want a natural birth, actually in a pool, but it's expensive and if anything goes wrong, I'll say "just do it" and also the epidural I'm wondering about... Pros and cons?? xxx

Epidural was fab for me, I would have probably gone absolutely mental if it wasn't available to me. It was HEAVEN when I got it, I was in so much pain... when it came time to push it was painful enough even with the epidural, and I ended up needing a cesarean, so I would have needed it anyway if I wanted to be awake for the birth. It was such a relief being able to get more anesthetic through it immediately after they said I'd need a cesarean because honestly the contractions were killer & I was so exhausted!

That being said, I had no real side effects that are too awful but 1 in 2 women experience back pain after child birth (with or without epidural) and I definitely have that sometimes.. for a bit I could feel where the epidural had gone in, and it hurt a little.. and when it's damp/cold/rainy especially I can feel it for some reason.

I could not have gone without it though.

hi girls

i would really like to not worry like i did every second last year with Lewis's pregnancy. It was like my first all over again, (have a ten year gap between Lewis and my first son)
I worried constantly...first trimester the mc risk as ive had 3 miscarriages... the 2nd trimester i was worrying at all the cosntant braxton hicks which started at 14 weeks (which i now know i have an irrtable uterus and will get them earlier and worse next time) and third trimester i was worried about movements, pains, alsorts and i was just so uncomfortable but i wish i hadnt wished the last 7 weeks away but its hard when your so uncomfortable

i really want to just be so laid back next tinme round, and i know to experience braxton hicks early on.

also i too would like to try and manage without and epidural...i almost managed without one but then it got too much...but saying that it was fantastic and wont rule one out totally next time.

Jen xxx

Things i would do differently are

Pregnancy...
Not worry so much
Not eat so much (was a right heffer on rhiannon)

Baby...
limit visitors for first 2 weeks
Breastfeed
Try not to worry so much
Spend time bonding

Toddler...
Swim more

x

I would like to have a homebirth next time, and I'll definately be staying away from the pethidine! I'll also try and get a lot more rest in the beginning stages of labour, so I'm not too worn out for the birth itself.

My list is probably long on this 1. Lol
Try BF for bit longer.
Not to buy as many clothes
Not to eat so much junk food
Excercise more in pregnancy
To buy more things second hand.
Not to co-sleep
Not give a dummy straight away
Always put baby down straight away once asleep
To have pain relief sooner if i need it
To give birth in standing up

Well....
I would try and enjoy my pregnancy and not worry so much about money and collecting bits because now i have a HUGE collection. PLUS i will spend more money on myself than the baby. Things that i need such as bump belts and stretchmark creams ever though the damage has been done.
I want to go full-term next time, so i am going to keep going swimming this time till my legs fall off.
I want to go into labour naturally and not be induced and have only gas and air, i didnt need pethadine i just had it because i saw it as the last time i was gonna get wasted (harsh i know but at least im honest).
I want to help prevent spd for longer and stay more active i dont want that again, it was horrid!
I will definately breastfeed again, but for longer next time.
I can't wait to do it all over again! xx x x x x at least 4 more times lol CRAZY I KNOW! x x x x

i will not co sleep longer than 2 months, i will buy a stroller with a bassinet, or a seperate bassinet. my child will have a bedtime and like his/her crib!

funny how lots of people say no co sleeping

I want to enjoy it more, i was too worried about what people would think i ruined it..also i would relax more!! I want to be exited when i get a BFP and be exited to tell people :)

I will have a planned csection so I can be awake during the csection (was in labour for 30hrs to only have a emerg csection and of course go figure at my hospital if its an emerg section they have to put you under bc they dont have anyone qualified to give spinals!)

Ok, so I don't know what co-sleeping is:dohh:. Is it sleeping in the same room or having LO in bed??:blush: I would have LO in his/her own room but my place is only a one-bed...:cry:

Co sleeping is having the baby in your bed with you. Im going to have the baby in its cot in my room for the first 6 months and then into its own room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->