If you are looking for an excellent travel system try the Maxi Cosi Elea.

justthestart

Reaction score
I have had this pushchair for a few weeks now and I personally cannot recommend it enough. My daughter is just over six months and before she was born we bought the Quinny Buzz travel system after hearing excellent reports about it. All our equipment is Maxi-Cosi, including our car seat and family fix base so I was really interested to see if the Elea would meet our very high expectations.

I didn’t need too worry. The pushchair is fantastic and I thought I would highlight the main points I have found.

The main positive point I have found is the way in which the Elea folds. As mentioned before I have a Quinny Buzz and although I cannot fault it in any way, it is slightly too big for my car which is a VW Polo and only has a small boot. The Elea has two modes of folding, the everyday fold and a further compact fold, making it ideal for travel and storage. I can say it passed the ‘Small Boot’ test with flying colours- fitting in my little car with ease. It is therefore perfect for taking on holiday or on weekends away. It folds to half the size of a standard comfort pushchair.

The seat can be forward or rear facing. This is perfect for newborn babies (The Elea can be used from birth) and also for babies who like their independence but also like the comfort of their parent’s occasionally! It is very easy to change the seat from forward to rear facing which means you could even do it while out and about if you child was getting upset.

The Elea has an adjustable handlebar which my husband really appreciated, we even tried it out on my Grandfather who is 6ft 5 and he could even push it without stooping. This means it is really comfortable to push, whatever your size.

Having used the Quinny Buzz which is a three wheel pushchair and exceptional to push, I was interested to see what the Elea would be like to push. Again it exceeded my expectations, it is really easy to push and the wheels are great on all terrain, even gravel. The suspension is great and I have had no problems whatsoever while out and about.

The seat is incredibly comfortable- my daughter is at the age where she has started to fight sleep while out on walks, but not in the Elea, she often dozes off while in it. It is suitable from birth but is also big enough to use until she is around 3.5. She really does look comfy when she is in it and loves being able to look out and about.

As I am such a fan of Maxi Cosi products I am really pleased that my Elea can be combined with other Maxi Cosi bits, I have already used it with my car seat and that is also really easy to use- it comes with adapters included meaning it is ready to go. I cannot emphasize how easy it is to swap over. If we are using the pushchair with the car seat, it is really easy to take her off while asleep and transfer her into the car using the Family Fix base we have.

The Elea is excellent value for money as it comes with a large shopping basket, sun canopy, rain cover, parasol clip and the car seat adapters. Just a note on the shopping basket, it really is large which is fantastic as it means you don’t have to carry any bags around with you. Because it can be used from birth to 3.5 years, you won’t need to buy anything else.

The Elea comes in four fantastic colours- we went for the black which is incredibly stylish but we were torn between that and the grey. After having my Quinny Buzz in bright pink we thought we would play it safe in case we ever have a boy!

9. I honestly can’t think of a negative point to the pushchair at all, in fact if I had to think of one, the only thing I would say is perhaps they could bring out a more girly colour to cater to Mums who like having pink things! Who knows though they may bring more colours out in the future.

All in all I am thrilled with the Elea and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy an all in one travel system for their baby. In fact I have already recommended it to a couple of my friends who are pregnant. I am a massive fan of Maxi Cosi products and the Elea has done nothing to damper my enthusiasm, in fact it has only increased it. Having heard friends moan about their pushchairs from other leading brands, I am so pleased that I have only ever used Maxi Cosi products and I am sure I will continue to use them in the future. If you need a fantastic travel system, buy the Elea, you won’t be disappointed.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->