If you get pregnant RIGHT when you ovulate, will you not have EWCM?

NewWaveBaby

Reaction score
Hello! I am TTC and had a question. I thought I'd give a little background first:

My cycle is about 32-33 days long, and my last period started on 8/18. My partner and I had unprotected sex right toward the tail end of my period, on 8/23 and again on 8/27 (the latter date of which was 8 days after the start of my period the week before). Going by my cycle length, which I've kept really good track of over the last six months or so, I should have ovulated by now but I haven't. I do, however, have a lot of that creamy, thick lotion-like CM.

Is it possible I could have gotten pregnant that soon after my period? I'm not really feeling any symptoms, but just found it so odd I haven't ovulated yet. I know that sperm can theoretically survive for up to 7 days (unlikely, but possible) so I'm wondering if sperm could have gotten to the egg like RIGHT at the moment of ovulation? If this were to happen, would it mean I wouldn't make any EWCM? Or does EWCM generally appear in the days leading up to ovulation? I have read mixed things about this on various sites.

Any insight would be MUCH appreciated! In either case, I am seeing my partner again in about 4 days and we plan to go crazy with each other, so even if I haven't conceived yet, maybe my ovulation is just a little behind and I'll conceive when we see each other again. :)

Thank you to anyone who has any insight!

EWCM is during the lead up to ovulation, so you would still get it even if the sperm has survived

I would agree, my ewcm shows up about 3 days before I get a positive opk, that's how I know to start testing. That being said it can be so drastically different on an individual basis that what is normal or "average" might not be normal for you. Good luck! I will keep my FXd

Everyone is different, but mine showed up in the days leading up to ovulation, too. If you think about it, your best chance of conception is having sex a couple days before you ovulate, so that's when your body is going to make things ready.

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->