If you offer any bottles, which one will your bf baby take?

Sherley

One of each!
Reaction score
Hi. Just wondering if any of you bf mamas ever offer a bottle. Hubby has been giving LO a bottle of expressed milk once a week or so with no problems. Around 3 months old she got chickenpox, I got a bit slack at expressing, and now she will. Not. Have. It.
Tried a beaker, and the tommee tippee bottles we were using before, on many occasions.
Any suggestions of other bottles? I'm going to have to leave her in a few weeks for most of a day and I'm really worried.
Thanks.

When we used bottles (when I could manage to express enough) we used medela calma bottles. Supposed to be extremely similar to the action used to get milk from the breast.

The only ones I found that worked were Mam! I should also mention that this was after refusing Tommee Tippee closer to nature all of a sudden at 3 months when before they'd been fine!

DS only took NUK, DD only takes MAM. Both mostly BF, I was so hoping DD would take the Nuk ones I have already, but no, more buying!!

My LO takes Dr. Brown but he prefers Breastflow

https://photos.whattoexpect.com/health-photos/photo.aspx?photo=1c3b4bcc-0aa7-42f8-a4c1-84b92aa9437c

I've used the Tommee Tippee closer to nature ones since DS was 4 days old. He has a mix of expressed in the bottle and breast a few times a day, i usually alternate and he's not had any problems latching or taking from either :)

My first son took the Avent natural bottles. We our second Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature. Neither had problems switching from breast to bottle. Both had to take the bottle with expressed breast milk while I was at work during the day and breast fed at night.

My son really likes the NUK bottles. I heard the bottle nipples are shaped similar to they way things are shaped when the baby is latched on so that is why I chose to try the NUK brand. We have to supplement and he switches between the bottles and the breast with no issues.

The breastflow also works for us but she seems to prefer the medela calma. Harder to pull than the breast flow and seems more breast like in the flow as she has to suction in order to get it.

Any bottle as long as it has a latex nipple and not a silicone one. So I use the drop in from Playtex since they have the latex nipples, but they also fit the new Avent bottles as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->