If your first was born before their due date (but not prem) when was the second born?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Just wondering if a 38 weeker first born generally means an even earlier second baby or not.

Not really. Ds1 came at 38 weeks and ds2 at 41+4!!! I thought he would come a bit early like his big bro, but no. So don't worry, you'll be fine.

My first came at 38+4 and my second came at 36+6 (both labors started naturally). So in my case, the second was definitely earlier!

Stalking!

Interested in this too as my first labour started naturally at 39 + 1 and everyone is telling me that this baby will be earlier.

in my mom's experience yes, the younger siblings came faster than the older ones (and in order as well)

My first was at 39.1 weeks, my second was at 38.1 weeks. Your second could come before your due date again, but I wouldn't think it'd be preterm.

Stalking! My first also came at 39+1 and am hoping I don't go any sooner with this one. I'm suppose to be my sisters maid of honour at 38 weeks!:wacko:

Not early,but, first was due date baby, second nine days over. Did not expect it

My first was born at 39+ 3 and my second 39+6. x

DS1 came at 34+6. They were certain DD2 would be earlier so I had fortnightly scans, steroids at 28 weeks etc. She arrived at 36+6!

So now that I've had my LO I can properly answer. DS1 came at 39+3 and DS2 40+6! Granted, I'm more than certain I ovulated one week late with DS2 so adjusted date would be 39+6 making it not far off from my gestation with my first.

First baby came at 39 weeks, second was 40+3 x

First was 38-5 still waiting for number 2 (due tomorrow)

my first was born at 39+5 and my second was born at 37+3. I think my dates were a little off because at nearly 3 weeks early she weighed 7 lb 11 oz, so I'm guessing she was actually closer to right on time.

1st 38+5 2nd 37+2 so yes they got earlier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->