If your name was Kasey would you call your little girl Macy??

Kase83

Reaction score
I didnt really think the ryhming thing was such a big deal because ill be Mum to her not Kasey, but im just not 100%? Honest opinions, if you loved the name macy and your name was Kasey would you go ahead and call bubs Macy? Thanks so much for your opinions xx

OH's mum is Carol and his sister Caroline. They get the odd comment but nobody makes a big deal about it

I don't think it matters personally, Macy's is really cute and 'Mummy and Macy' go nicely together.

As I've learnt people will always comment on any choices you make but if you're happy with the choice then that's the important bit :flower:

I thought you meant Kasey was the surname! Like her name would be Macy Kasey...... errr, no I wouldn't call her that!

But no problem if Kacey is your name :thumbup:

I think its cute! My mom is named Lori and I am Corie :) Nobody has ever said anything to me about our names rhyming.

I personally wouldn't. DH really likes the name Marley and I pictured writing on birthday cards from......... Carly and Marley, I think it sounds wrong. Love the name tho, it's what we've picked but different spelling.

My name is kali (kaylee) and my cousin named her daughter haylee. Family get togethers can be confusing we never know who people are yelling for. It was really fun when I was her gardian for a yr! Lol

My best friends youngest daughter is called Macy and I'm calling my baby girl Lacey ..... (I did ask If she minded first lol)

But No I don't think it matters Hun, especially as you'll be "mummy" anyway. Plus it's a beautiful name :)

Xxx

I don't think it matters. I would worry more about picking a name that fits with the surname your LO will have.

I have a friend called Holly and she named her daughter Dolly

I think it's fine!

if you watch 2 and a half men, there where a family on there called Kandi, Andy and Mandy - I think its quirky but fine, i mean you get little boys with the SAME name as there dad and no one minds which is probably more confusing that a rhyming name

I think it would be alright, but just keep in mind that you as a family might be writing Christmas cards, thank you cards, birthday invitations, etc together. And they would say "From ____(insert your OH's name), Kasey and Macey."

Maybe you could change her spelling to Macie to make it slightly different?
Another thing, which might not matter since you're in Australia - but Macey is the name of a big American chain department store. I've been there once while visiting the U.S, its a classy one at least so I'm not saying thats a reason not to choose the name. But its another reason why I favour the spelling "Macie."

a similar name you might also like that doesn't rhyme as much is Maisie (pronounced MAZE - E or MAY - SEE depending on accent)

No, I wouldn't. The situation I see it mattering is where you're both meeting someone for the first time. Think entering a children's club or after school event. "This is my daughter, Macy" "And your name is?" "It's Kasey.

Not for me.

Thanks so much for all your honest replies, i am currently deciding between
1. Macy
2. Demi
3. Lulu
We already hace a little boy so i always though Kasey and Macy won't be written side by side it would be Ben, Kasey, Joshua and Macy.

I personally wouldn't but if you really love the name, go for it!

I have a Kaysie and would love to have a Macie but wont do it because of the rhyming and confusing thing, it is a bit different as siblings though but I still dont think I would if I were you. Demi is also a name I love, you have fab taste in names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->