ill and trying to look after baby :(

Lynda09

Mummy to two angel babies
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm really ill at the moment with flu I've had it for about a month and just can't get ride of as I have got other health problems since yesterday it has got really bad again I can't even get out of bed. I'm really struggling to look after my 6 month old son I'm at my whits end we can only afford for him to go to nursery two afternoons a week and my parents are helping as much as they can but I need proper rest like a week in bed to get rid of it but I can't. My partner can't take any time off work as he's used all his holiday I just don't know what to do :(

Lynda

:hugs: I've had a similar issue this week but my son was ill too and needed to check him every couple if hours around the clock. The only thing I can suggest is just focus on what needs to be done ie change his nappy, feeding, drinking. Let dh clean, wash up bottles etc when he gets home in the evenings. Be strict and when Lo sleeps you sleep.

I had temp of 40.3 one evening and had shivers I layed on the floor with my son until dh came home two hours later it wasn't ideal but neither was it wise for me to carry him and pass out.

Has dh let you rest over the weekend to recuperate ? Are you taking pain relief meds regularly?

Have you been to the docs to make sure there's not something they can do to help? Or check it is flu that you have as it shouldn't take a month to recover.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hi thanks for replying I did have the flu but think something else might be wrong now as I've been sick and have an upset tummy :(

My partner has let me rest but its not enough he's doing everything and is worn out I feel so bad don't know what else to do?

I know there is a nasty bug going around at the moment consisting of vomiting and upset tummy.

Have you taken any electrolyte drinks to make sure you are not getting dehydrated as that can make you feel worse.

Really hope you feel better soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->