Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

Not sure if I posted this before or not, but I think as long as you don't over do it (with weed that is) then its not such a big deal, as long as you don't allow your life to revolve around it. Just like fast food, its not that good for you, but as long as you don't have it every single day, all day long, it wont kill you.

Prescription pain killers are FAR WORSE than weed IMO. I know 4-5 people from my high school that got hooked on heroin, which started from them popping pain killers, all of those people are now dead from an OD. I have never heard of anyone dying from weed.

I don't think marijuana, when used for medicinal purposes, and sparingly for recreational purposes is bad. As someone who lives in California, where it is legal to use it with a cannabis card, I've seen both the good and the bad. Yes it is a good alternative medicine for all sorts of ailments, but I know people who's lives are consumed by it. The same could be said about cigarettes as well. I just think, though, that for some people who may have addictive tendencies, marijuana isn't a good habit to start.

I don't think marijuana, when used for medicinal purposes, and sparingly for recreational purposes is bad. As someone who lives in California, where it is legal to use it with a cannabis card, I've seen both the good and the bad. Yes it is a good alternative medicine for all sorts of ailments, but I know people who's lives are consumed by it. The same could be said about cigarettes as well. I just think, though, that for some people who may have addictive tendencies, marijuana isn't a good habit to start.

Are you or people you know going to be voting on Tuesday? What seems to be the general consensus in your area?

Gosh this thread is long! As a child of an alcoholic, I have seen this particular drug at its worst, and I believe the world would be a much better place if it didn't exist! Bring back prohibition I say! (Joking - well, kind of...I do truly believe there would be major benefits to this country and to people's lives if alcohol was banned, but I realise that plenty of people are able to enjoy a drink without all the bad things that go with it and they wouldn't want to be punished for other people's addictions).

It's a tough one, it annoys me that you see the police 'tut tutting' at people caught with marijuana and people being punished for using it and growing it, when the biggest danger to health and public order in this country is alcohol. Plenty more people are being arrested for being drunk and disorderly and fighting and being abusive due to alcohol than anyone who ever smoked a bit of weed, and no one ever died from smoking marijuana.

It's a tough one, it annoys me that you see the police 'tut tutting' at people caught with marijuana and people being punished for using it and growing it, when the biggest danger to health and public order in this country is alcohol. Plenty more people are being arrested for being drunk and disorderly and fighting and being abusive due to alcohol than anyone who ever smoked a bit of weed, and no one ever died from smoking marijuana.

As someone who works in policing myself, I agree 100% that alcohol causes far more problems than marihuana however, we can only enforce the laws that exist. It's not a criminal offense to drink (of course there are drunken disorderly/driving/underage etc laws) so that's not enforceable.

Can only "tut tut" those who are breaking the law!

It's up to the government and the people to change the law.

Totally agree with you - the police can only enforce what the government orders them to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->