Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

Yes i did read on. Doesnt change the fact that its mind altering. And from vast personal experience and medical research on cannabis use.....i believe it certainly is.

Well you read that i was simply stating my opinion so am not going to argue with you.

Mind altering; yes. Harmful; under debate.

It's the fact that i gave an example and got jumped on for it. Tried to explain further and still people haven't got my point so now i'm giving up with that comment - it was just an opinion, it can't be wrong!

I didnt jump on you for it? I just have a different opinion. I didnt even quote you.

Who cares what other say, feel free to have your opinion thats what the thread is about and what makes it interesting :)

Sorry... it's late and i must admit this debate has frustrated me too much! :flower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-r-S0fIkA

Check this one for a good laugh! Thought it might make a few laugh anyways, I know I sure did!

I love the above video! It's based on a real test they did apparently.

It's funny how we're not the only animals who like intoxication though. Cats go crazy for catnip. And a quick google brought up this little gem.

If human's weren't curious I'm sure we as a society and as communities and as individual progression wouldn't have evolved so far and so I think responsible drug consumption is a testament to that. :winkwink:

If you want to hear more of what I think about drugs, listen to Bill Hicks. The man Dennis Leary wanted to be. :flower:

Tomatoes are not a danger to your health :wacko:

And there is a debate as to whether cannabis is or not! Some people are allergic to tomatoes and if you ate too many you'd be ill. Interestingly, tomatoes were thought be poisonous in the 1800s. Times change!

I wish i didn't have to put a disclaimer every time i give a comparison, example or metaphor :growlmad:

Tomatoes are definately not harmful in any way shape or form :rofl:

And there is a debate as to whether cannabis is or not! Some people are allergic to tomatoes and if you ate too many you'd be ill. Interestingly, tomatoes were thought be poisonous in the 1800s. Times change!

I wish i didn't have to put a disclaimer every time i give a comparison, example or metaphor :growlmad:

Did i say they are? :dohh: If you eat too much of anything it makes you ill, i wasn't saying eating two tomatoes will kill you. Seems like you're just deliberately picking apart everything i say now :growlmad:

Bill Hicks - what a legend!

And to clarify. Tomatoes are harmful to cats and dogs, some people are allergic to them and the leaves and vines can be poisonous.

And to clarify. Tomatoes are harmful to cats and dogs, some people are allergic to them and the leaves and vines can be poisonous.

DJ hun I got what you meant :lol: it was only an example, not meant to be taken quite so literally. An opinion cant be wrong right?

This has been some debate though eh?... And its still going! xx

They are if you have arthritis actually. My mother's been told to steer well clear of tomatoes as they are bad for her decades long arthritis. Whereas cannabis is good for arthritic pain.

DJ made a comment on the issue of legality not of the harm. People can try endlessly to pick it apart because that's all that's left to do but its not really productive as it's not progressing the discussion and it's annoying for her I imagine.

Since 2005 (and DJ may not be aware of this as she commented on the dry mushroom situation earlier) magic mushrooms are illegal.

But ever autumn they grow NATURALLY without being planted in fields all over the country.

It's a similarly silly situation in terms of legality.

Are the police going to raid and close down fields all over the UK when they find a suspicious mushroom? Are they going to arrest people for having a magic mushroom sprout in their garden? Are they going to arrest mother nature with intent to supply? Considering most drugs laws are about possession or intent to deal it's ridiculous. People in the UK have for CENTURIES gone for walks in the countryside and eaten magic mushrooms. You can't stop them unless you dress as a bush or a tree and follow them up some hills/fields and catch them the moment they pick a mushroom from the ground.

Its very different to poppies which also grow naturally as you have to prepare them for consumption as opium or heroine or codeine etc.

And although cannabis is cultivated, it didn't appear from nowhere and it does and can grow naturally pretty much anywhere. I met a woman at a party who grows the stuff in her back garden. It's just there amongst her other plants and flowers. It doesn't need any attention and her hubby said whenever they want some they just go directly out and pick it.

Now this might cause shock and horror to the more naive but it's not a scary thing. it's just human nature. Both man and wife are working individuals with an almost fully paid off mortgage in their 30s. (which was far more shocking to me than their cannabis growth or usage! can you IMAGINE having a fully paid off mortgage by the time you're 40!!!!)

Thank you blue bumpkin. I was starting to think i had gone insane for a minute there! But aob's fact that tomatoes are not harmful in any shape or form is incorrect :smug: :muaha:

I don't think the debate is still going really... all the interesting facts are at the beginning and the last 20 pages or so are going round in circles :haha:

Redpoppy, are shrooms illegal in the form they grow? If so that is ridiculous. Why aren't the ones that kill you illegal to pick? Makes it seem like the government don't want people to have fun and expand their minds!

I don't think they are illegal in that form. I'm not sure they're even much illegal in other forms to be honest, or at least it's not enforced. There's a bong shop in Newcastle that has been selling them openly at the counter for donkeys and nothing's ever happened to them.

I don't think they are illegal in that form. I'm not sure they're even much illegal in other forms to be honest, or at least it's not enforced. There's a bong shop in Newcastle that has been selling them openly at the counter for donkeys and nothing's ever happened to them.

Well the law passed in 2005 was made to stop the trade of fresh mushrooms I think. I mean the "magic" kind of course. Otherwise we're all in trouble! :haha: I'm not sure of the logistics. Because that shop in newcastle (and rumours of some in London) carry on selling but I assumer the police don't have the time to run around closing them all down. I imagine that would be more likely if there were gangs or organised crime involved?

Redpoppy, are shrooms illegal in the form they grow? If so that is ridiculous. Why aren't the ones that kill you illegal to pick? Makes it seem like the government don't want people to have fun and expand their minds!

Yeah it seems they don't. I suppose many people think: Well with the hassle the police have every weekend with alcohol drinkers probably best to limit any other intoxicants.

I can understand people getting wasted on hallucinogenics and using them as party drugs as being potentially problematic for the general public. But cannabis use really doesn't pose that threat and it's just a case of people being unable to open their minds to the possibility that an illegal drug isn't particularly harmful and doesn't cause much damage, either personal or social.

I think California will probably vote against the legalisation of the drug in November but it has been decriminalised and I think some other states will follow suit. It's all a bit messy though as the USA puts pressure on other countries (mexico being a famous one) to NOT decriminalise the drug and yet internally it's happening. I doubt all the states will go for it but it is interesting. USA are probably the biggest global influence in regards to marijuana usage and its legality so we just need to see what happens in the next 15 to 20 years.

I'd like to be able to sit on a porch in the deep south on a veranda, in my rocking chair, with a joint lit up when i'm old. I'd have a rifle too and when kids came into my garden I'd shoot at them and tell them to "git off ma land!"

Oh, and before I get jumped on for being irresponsible about guns and human life... actually forget it, they asked for it, trespassing on an old defenceless woman's property. :haha:

Well peanuts should be illegal then :rofl: We know how harmful they can be to a lot of people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->