I'm a bit scared!

Beadette

I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies (hi beans),

well I'm obviously over the moon to be expecting our first baby but I get this overwhelming fear every now and then!

What if I trip whilst holding baby, what if I don't know how to hold bubs properly, what if I don't know what's wrong when they cry!

I know you learn these things but I'm frightened! I know it's normal to be anxious but I guess what I'm after is a bit of reassurance from the mums on here that it'll all be ok!

Thanks for listening! Damn hormones! Xxxx

I know what you mean - I have the same thoughts! We have to keep telling ourselves that we will know what to do, I'm sure that it will come naturally!

Honestly, it did not come naturally to me when I had my daughter...I kept hearing that and I always say (now), that you LEARN, but for me...natural it was not. I found it very frustrating when I didn't know what she wanted or how to handle her. I am a very impatient person, and have had to learn to put that aside. I cried alot, when I couldn't get her to stop crying but then...eventually...I did learn and I wasn't as worried about her because I knew she would be ok even if she was crying a bit. I ended up with a colicky baby which REALLY tried my patience...I think it was a test to get me ready for whats to come now (with TWO!!) :)

It's not always easy, but it is OH SO WORTH IT!!! :cloud9:

Thanks for your honesty! I'm under no illusions and know it's going to be hardest thing I ever do! Just a bit anxious x

I think we all are.esp first time mothers! I am naively overtaken by lovely thoughts of what it will be like. My mum started going on about labour the other day and I just dont want to know. I am in my stupid bubble of its all going to be lovely..... I know it wont, but I know when I give into one worry its going to spiral out of control!!!

Unfortunately babies don't come with an owners manual! Lol! I know there are plenty of books but I think every baby has got to be different! X

My mum and dad laugh everytime the baby is mentioned and shout "payback time" at one another! I hardly slept a single wink until I was 5, (and 28 years on they still dont sleep properly due to the total disruption to their sleep pattern). I am worried about that as I LOVE my sleep!!

As you say there is no manual, I guess you go with the flow! XX

We'll all cope but it's going to be a massive wake up call! But so worth it xx

i agree, i definately get this, ive been in tears recently just thinking that the baby wont like me!!! let alone love me :(
im just gonna keep on reading the baby forums on here....they are surprisingly helpful, all the little everyday things that happen that i wouldn't have thought of, im learning a lot all ready!
we are allowed to be nervous & scared though, this little human will be completely dependant on us for a while...it needs us! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->