Im a bit worried about a child I know.

kerrie24

me,him and 3 lo's
Reaction score
Theres this boy who goes to the same school as my son and plays x box live with him,hes 9.
A while ago my brother(18) said to me I should watch what he says to nathan cos he said some vulgar things in a private message(about blow jobs etc).

I thought he probably heard it in the school yard so didnt mention it.Nathan says he also is often telling them he is alone in the house,going to walk up the street for chips etc.My brother says he stays on the xbox really late after Nathan is in bed.
He once said his dad hates his mam and they will get a divorce and he was crying he doesnt want to live with his dad.Also once he said to his brother"Stop slamming the door or I'll get hit with the stick"! He then back tracked and said he was joking.

I heard his dad telling his friend that his 2 boys were punished if they were soft,like crying when they got hurt,etc.
Now today the boy punched a teacher and is on report.
Im worried he has a terrible home life but feel like I cant do anything about it,he is apparently bright and turns up at school looking smart etc.

I don't really know what to say but I feel really sorry for the boy. If all that is happening then god knows how the poor kid feels inside. xxx

I'd report it to your local Children's Aid. They can assess the situation and determine if there is a problem and you can remain completely anonymous.

You could try talking to the school? I'm sure that would be confidential?

Hi
This is a tough situation to be in, you feel damned if you do something about it and damned if you don't.
I have been in a similar situation and have phoned the NSPCC, who were really helpful and gave great advice without feeling you were pressurised into giving more info than you wanted to give at that time.

Are you in Newscatle, UK or Newcastle, Au? If you're in Australia I recommend talking to the class teacher, principal or school counsellor. Otherwise you can ring up DOCS and state your concerns. I believe they don't have to reveal your name and stuff. You could ring up a hotline like Lifeline for advice. You could give the kid the number for Kids' Helpline. If you're in the UK I'm sure there's equivalents to these options. Good luck!

Are you in Newscatle, UK or Newcastle, Au? If you're in Australia I recommend talking to the class teacher, principal or school counsellor. Otherwise you can ring up DOCS and state your concerns. I believe they don't have to reveal your name and stuff. You could ring up a hotline like Lifeline for advice. You could give the kid the number for Kids' Helpline. If you're in the UK I'm sure there's equivalents to these options. Good luck!

Hi Im in the uk unfortunatly lol but I plan on speaking to the paretn advisor at school tomorrow thanks for the help.

I'd report it to your local Children's Aid. They can assess the situation and determine if there is a problem and you can remain completely anonymous.

this!! If you suspect something, I do believe that there is a duty to report...as a mother, kwim. It's not someone else's business...it's everyone's business! And personally, I would rather be wrong, and cause a cafuffle for nothing, then let what could be potentially dangerous, abuse continue.

if you are in the UK then any setting where children go should have the local child services number displayed on a poster that is titled something like "What to do if you are concerned about a child" in a public place. That would be the number to call if you are really concerned and someone from Social services will investigate whether it is something to be concerned about.

Or you could try here https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/care-and-wellbeing/adult-social-care/newcastle-safeguarding-children

https://www.nscb.org.uk/staff-and-volunteers/procedures/newcastle-contact-details

You could try talking to the School but they are bound by confidentiality, although they are dutybound to take your concerns seriously. It depends how much action you think you should take but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->