Im beginning to look like a polka dot monster!

fluffystar

3rd tri
Reaction score
Is this right?
Started down regging injections yesterday. The first one bled and is bruised and todays is just a big red blotch - is that right?? Am I just taking a while to get the hang of it? Is it better in the stomach or the thigh. If I carry on like this I will look hideous! Please help! :shrug:

Attachments

• Day 1&2.jpg
    Day 1&2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 13
Stomach is better than thigh. I bruised and bled from my left side, but my right side just left tiny pin-prick marks. I'm sticking with the right side in future.

Oh man I'm so sorry!

I have dark skin so I don't bruise unless a television falls on my lap (yes I did this by mistake 6 years ago LOL) so I've been lucky. I guess just take a deep breath and know every bruise gets you one day closer to holding your baby :)

Omg I'm so scared now! I have to do the same thing at the end of this month for the first time, so I dont know what to expect. Is the actual injection painful at all or can you barely feel it??? Did you have any side effects so far? Weight gain? Thanks for any info you can give. You are NOT alone!

Like Leilani - my left side seemed to be much better than my right side. Also I found that I thought I had to do my needles in different spots quite far apart, but I came to discover that if I stayed in a small area next to my belly button - it was safe. I never went in the same hole again, but I would go as close as 2-3mm away.

I had a couple of much much much worse bruises. It definitely isn't fun, but will be worth it in the end for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

xo

Like Blue and Leilani I have a side which is easier, although I still try to alternate if I'm feeling brave!:haha:

I also found pushing the needle in slowly helped and and pushing the plunger (? I'm not sure what it's called) in slowly also made them easier.

Good luck with it!:hugs:

I bruise easy too.,.. last IVF, my tummy was black and blue after a few days. But, it's soooo worth it! :) Good luck fluffy!

Omg I'm so scared now! I have to do the same thing at the end of this month for the first time, so I dont know what to expect. Is the actual injection painful at all or can you barely feel it??? Did you have any side effects so far? Weight gain? Thanks for any info you can give. You are NOT alone!

It didn't hurt me. I found that it hurts even less if grab the stomach fat and then insert the needle. First time in my life this belly fat comes in handy LOL
It only hurt once and it was because I was trying to tilt the needle sideways (don't ask) and I couldn't do it. I was very surprised at how easy and painless the injections were.

Thanks all for your tips, its really helpful!

Im hoping todays goes better. I think I have a bruise from the first as it hit a cappillary or something? I had a similar reaction to one of the accupuncture needles once. I just wont do it in that spot again!

I think the psychological thing is worse that actually doing them. Once I getmy head round them im sure I will be fine.

Im quite proud of my hubby for doing them when he doesnt like needles. However, straight after last nights one he said "Oh I dont feel too good!" before looking at me and saying "but im sure its worse for you!" I think he realised what he had just said :haha:

Just got to the end of my jabs, only tine I bruised my hubby decided that I might be better lying down! I don't think so!

Did a different pinch each night, pushed needle in slowly, plunged slowly and retracted slowly, a little blood on occasion and a itchy patch for about 10 minutes after, no stress at all, the drugs did that!!!!!!!

Good luck all x

OMG, I'm so not looking forward to this whole needle thing!
I think pinching the fat and then injecting will probably help, thanx for that tip.

I do feel a little bad if I have scared any of you ladies who are about to start injections! Mine have got A LOT better! I think it really was bad luck with the first.

I have done 6 now and the only mark I have is from the first. I definitely think pinching the fat and then injecting helps.

Good luck everyone!!!

Hey Fluffy,

Do you have to put the needle in yourself? VERY brave!

I have an automatic thing that you load the syringe & needle in to. The only mark I've got (after only 4 days) is the very 1st one that the nurse did!

We werent given and automatic thing! Just a syringe and needle.

My hubby does it which im glad of. It makes the whole thing a joint effort so I am glad that he does it. wasnt sur if he would though as he hates needles, perhaps its more about needles in to him as he seems ok now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->