Im being investigated for benefit fraud

i dont think they cancel your HB i think they just suspend it and youll only have to pay if youre found guilty which you wont be cause youre doing nothing wrong. mine got suspended for a month or 2 while they found out how many hours etc i was working when i started my new job. if you do end up paying youll be back paid
:hugs:

I was called in to be questioned after someone claimed I was earning money and not declaring it. Fat load of BS and I know it was either FOB or one of his sadass bum chums that dobbed me in. I was let off because they couldn't prove I'd done anything wrong (because I hadn't) but I know how horrible it is to be investigated as if you're some sort of criminal when you know you aren't :hugs:

Technically, you've done nothing wrong at all... you have 4 weeks to inform them of any changes in circumstances!

Obviously the sooner you do it the better as you don't end up having to pay back anything, but if you can prove your parents have only lived with you for 3weeks, there's not a thing they can do about it!

Technically, you've done nothing wrong at all... you have 4 weeks to inform them of any changes in circumstances!

Obviously the sooner you do it the better as you don't end up having to pay back anything, but if you can prove your parents have only lived with you for 3weeks, there's not a thing they can do about it!

really? i didnt know that! so thats alright then because i phoned the council to tell them the day i had that interview, i just have to write a letter and my mum has to somehow proove that shes not working. I havent heard anything from them yet so still dont know whats going on, its doing my head in i just wanna get this interview over and done with!

Thanks for all the replies you have all made me feel alot better! :hugs:

What does your mum do ? if she's on benefits she can easily prove she doesn't work.

What does your mum do ? if she's on benefits she can easily prove she doesn't work.

No she isnt on benefits, she was recieveing benefits before because shes got clinic depresson (think thats the right term!) but she stopped recieveing it when we opened a pet shop, not sure how she can proove maybe she will have to sign on or something :shrug:

yep you only have top declare someone living with you if they stay longer than 4wks so your not commiting fraud at all

Yep, you have 4 weeks to inform them of any changes but they can stop your money until your claim has been re assessed. When I went back to work I didn't inform them until I had gotten my pay slip because I knew they would stop my money until they re assessed it and they wouldn' do that without the pay slip so I missed one payment and then had to pay back about £40 as an overpayment.

So no, you haven't committed fraud, but they migh think you have if the person who grassed you up has made them think your parents have been there for 3 months.

I phoned the council again yesterday, and they should of sent me a form but didnt so gotta go down there this afternoon. The woman said i have nothing to worry about that there isnt any evidence (well i knew that anyway!) so even tho im being investigated she doesnt think i'll be prosicuted, told her about the woman i saw and she wasnt happy with how i got treated she said this woman seems to have it in for people on benefits, and even if someone does they should be professional and keep it to themselves, cant wait till this is all sorted so i can go in and complain about her, because of that bitch i havent slept properly got all my irrational thoughts back and im being treated for my anxiety disorder again which was getting better when i moved! Some people dont realise how much it can affect someone by what they choose to say, wish i recorded it!

i would go C.A.B hun and explain your situation and tell them you feel been mistreated badly and that your sons father has added fuel to the fire.I think it was mistake by not going to the council as soon as you knew your family would be moving in,but i dont know your circumstances so with changes its been a tough time.Just make it clear to them the family werent living at yours before and how they've accused you of fraud when you were planning to go to the council to inform anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->