I'm craving sand, were can i buy some that is safe to eat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuck yuck yuck :sick:

That must be so unpleasant for you. Cravings are bad enough when the shops are closed, can't imagine what it must be like wanting something you can't have. :hugs:

I ate house plant dirt when I was pregnant, try taking a daily vitamin to help with the craving.

Pica is such a funny thing!!!! lol! Sand is not safe hun dont eat it, you'll be giving birth in a sandpit!

x

As a geologist you also eat soil , but onyl for finding out what kind of soil it is xD

I read on the internet somewhere that strange cravings like this can be a sign of being low on some sort of vitamin. Maybe you should mention it to your G.P or midwife.

I agree with the others, go to your doctor as you are probably lacking something... maybe salt or silicon?!

I have craved sand since childhood! I could eat dried plaster or cement aswell if I had some! I had intense cravings in all 3 of my pregnancies and these past 2 weeks the cravings are back! Driving me nuts and I am not even pregnant! Lol. The way I am feeling right now I would bathe in it! Hehe.

Yes it's true, I sudddenly woke up early hours this morning really craving sand. My OH didn't take me seriously!! I have lately been watching desert nature programs thinking the sand looks yummy. When i was pregnant with my daughter i ate plant soil and thought that was yummy.

I was thinking of going to ikea, homebase or even asda to get some today, i can't get it out of my mind!!!

I agree with 3boys & jessie, definately mention it to your midwife or doctor. Its quite strange and would not attempt to eat sand of any sort. Try and substitute it with sherbet or popping candy or something like that

I had this! I ate emory boards! (Nail files) It turned out to be an iron deficiency. I have always been careful to take full multivitamins with the last two and never had it since.

This thread is from 2010...I'm not sure what kind of outcome to hope for but hopefully her stomach is ok?

This thread is very old so I'll lock it to save confusion :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4