I'm currently going through a miscarriage. Here's my story so far.

EcoMama

Reaction score
I'm only telling this story to help others who may find themselves in the same situation. As I didn't have a clue what was going on until the hosp told me. Probably due to me not expecting to be pregnant!

Bit of back story.... I finished breastfeeding my dd 3 months ago, I'm also on cerazette, so javen't had a period for 2 and a half years.

On fri I started spotting bright red and getting typical period pains
.... Heavy groin, achy thighs, dull ache in abdomen. So I thought, ooh period!

But come saturday the bleeding jad stopped! I was fine most of the day, until about 4pm and I started to get a dull abdomen ache again, which lasted in to saturday night, still no more bleeding though.

This morning I woke up to really painfull back, thighs and abdomen. As the morning went on I started getting waves of cramps, very like rhe contractions I had in early labour. They were even equally spaced 1min apart, lasting 10secs. I was coping but getting worried as I'd never had a period so painful before. But figured it's the 1stin 2 years so I should expect some pain as my body gets used to it!

By 12 I couldn't cope anymore, I was doubled over everytime there was a contraction. We went to a&e. Still no bleeding.

15 mins in to waiting to be seen I had a massive gush of blood which soaked through my trousers, In the waiting room! I rushed to find a nurse who took me to a room, they did a pregancy test and it was positive!.... I was shocked!

They didn't have a gyno/mat ward af that hosp so I was given a canula and transferred to bigger hosp an hr away.

They did checks there and more and more clots, big jelly type clots came out (one of which was definately the sac and cord), each one preceeded by severe cramping. Once the clot was out the cramping died completely until there was another due to come out, about half hr later.

I'm now at home, with big pads on, passing what is left. The cramping has reduced massively thankfully, so hopefully I have passed it all now.

I have no idea how far gone I was due to it being unexpected, and I'm feeling kind of non emotional about the whole thing. I'm wondering if there will be a delayed emotional kick in?

Thanks for reading, sorry it's long but I hope it helps others going through the same thing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->