I'm currently TTC baby#3, I would love to have some TTC buddies :)

Can I join you all? :flower:

I'm Terah and DH and I are TTC our second, but my fifth. :) DS1 just turned 9, DD1 is 7, and DS2 is 8 months DD2 would be 5 if she were still with us.

DH and I had a harder time conceiving DS2 than I thought we would. We were TTC for 12 months with two early losses in that time. I'm hoping it doesn't take as long this time, but we'll see. I have long, irregular cycles so it makes it more difficult.

I'm currently waiting to ovulate and it seems to be taking forever. :haha:

i'm so sorry about your loss :( i hope it's quick for you!!

it's not long, I know. :blush: I think you're right-that unrealistic expectation based on last time is getting to me. I think for me-stress is a big thing too right now. Everyone around me is getting pregnant with their next-those that were pregnant when I was....ugh. I don't need to worry. It will happen if it is supposed to (easier said than mentally applied).

2 questions: since this is my first time using OPKs-when do you normally start testing? and then-are any of you coffee drinkers:coffee:? Do you think the caffeine has a big impact on inhibiting TTC?

the ttw is the worst! I'm very busy at work, too. so, i think you're right. that does make the time go faster. I'm hoping this was the time for you guys!!

i've always starting mine on CD 10 or 11 because i usually do not get a positive until CD 19 at least and i test after noon as thats usually the best time. A positive result will be darker than your control line :) Coffee i dont think does.... honestly i would never have gotten pregnant with my first two if it was:haha: some people believe it does but i think you would need to be drinking like 6 cups a day! I hope this was it too but we shall see! i didn't BD as much as i would have liked to but oh well!

how do you ladies feel about coffee in the TWW? only reason i ask is because i'm sitting here at work (worked my butt off to get a bunch of stuff set up for some out of town customers we had coming today) and we have a caterer in and a barista, and hes given me a coffee because i've been running around so much but then i thought crap this will be my second cup ... i want it so bad and plan on drinking a bung of water to counter the effects lol

P.s, I always drink coffee. I have a couple of cups a day. :) I wouldn't worry! I'd cut it out after getting a BFP. X

hi rebecca louise!!! absolutely join us!

thank you for your input, im drinking it anyways! how often do i have a brista to make my coffee - uhm never! yum yum!

I think if you drank excessive amounts of caffein a day then that would be a concern, but as far as I can remember a couple of cups of tea/coffee were fine. I drink a can of coke every day lol and switched to decaf tea anyway. I was more concerned about sweeteners though, never touch them even when not pregnant.

Anyone else here know much about group b strep? Or will get themselves tested?
Just asking since I carried it in my last pregnancy and ds2 ended up with 4 days worth of IV antibiotics. He was indeed positive for it, but thankfully had been given the antibiotics shortly after birth. I'm terrified it's going to happen again......even though I should automatically get antibiotics this time in labour since I'm a carrier (there wasn't time last time as it was VERY quick!).

Ah, I'm jealous! Enjoy. :coffee: I'm currently waiting for AF to hit, but I had some random spotting once yesterday (11DPO), and nothing since!? So no idea what's going on. :shrug:

Thanks for letting me join! :wave: x

I think if you drank excessive amounts of caffein a day then that would be a concern, but as far as I can remember a couple of cups of tea/coffee were fine. I drink a can of coke every day lol and switched to decaf tea anyway. I was more concerned about sweeteners though, never touch them even when not pregnant.

Just asking since I carried it in my last pregnancy and ds2 ended up with 4 days worth of IV antibiotics. He was indeed positive for it, but thankfully had been given the antibiotics shortly after birth. I'm terrified it's going to happen again......even though I should automatically get antibiotics this time in labour since I'm a carrier (there wasn't time last time as it was VERY quick!).

its a standard where i live they always ask if you want to be tested, i always do just incase

Ah, I'm jealous! Enjoy. :coffee: I'm currently waiting for AF to hit, but I had some random spotting once yesterday (11DPO), and nothing since!? So no idea what's going on. :shrug:

Thanks for letting me join! :wave: x

i had that too, but it was much more than spotting so :shrug:

i'm not even going to think about testing until i know AF is late :) wish me luck :haha:

Hey ladies!! I will catch up later, just wanted to pop in and say hi, hope you all are doing well :wave:.

Hi ladies!!
We are also trying for number 3! Cd10 and waiting for ovulation. Adiansmomma I also have lonnng cycles due to PCOS.. sucks!

:hugs: :hugs:

AFM: I had that with both of my girls. I had to be put on antibiotics while giving birth (they were preemie as well). I would definitely say its worth getting tested.

reading other replies now so I can respond :)

Hi ladies!!
We are also trying for number 3! Cd10 and waiting for ovulation. Adiansmomma I also have lonnng cycles due to PCOS.. sucks!

Welcome!! :wohoo:

AF still not here, today would be the day.
Do you ladies see anything? Most recent pics posted in the last page at the bottom.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ed-eyes-updated-pg-4-14-dpo-31-day-cycle.html

How is everyone today?

I love that it's friday!! and this time next week i will know if AF is coming or not :) the hard part is i don't exactly know when i ovulated because i did not, just used OPK. Last time when i charted i was OV'ing the day my OPK would start going positive, and i did have OV pain that day (sunday) definitely and the next day as well so hoping that is accurate! do if that is the case monday counts as 1DPO so today i am 5DPO:shrug: this cycle was very relaxed since we didnt expect to even start trying, so hoping that is a good thing! mother's day is coming up and it would be nice to know i'm expecting

it's not long, I know. :blush: I think you're right-that unrealistic expectation based on last time is getting to me. I think for me-stress is a big thing too right now. Everyone around me is getting pregnant with their next-those that were pregnant when I was....ugh. I don't need to worry. It will happen if it is supposed to (easier said than mentally applied).

2 questions: since this is my first time using OPKs-when do you normally start testing? and then-are any of you coffee drinkers:coffee:? Do you think the caffeine has a big impact on inhibiting TTC?

the ttw is the worst! I'm very busy at work, too. so, i think you're right. that does make the time go faster. I'm hoping this was the time for you guys!!

I normally start taking OPKs around cd14. But my cycles are super long and I don't typically ovulate until after cd20, so I put off testing until later in my cycle. That being said, this cycle I started testing around cd10...I don't trust that my cycles are back to "normal" since I'm still breastfeeding DS2, so I'm testing more to try to get an idea of what's going on.

I think that excessive amounts of caffeine would probably have an effect, but a couple cups of coffee or soda or whatever should be fine. :) I never fully stopped drinking caffeine while I was pregnant. I'd get migraines if I did. I think I was told to stay under 200mg of caffeine, which would be 4 cans of Mt. Dew (my soda of choice)

I've been tested for group b strep in all four of my pregnancies. I had it two times and didn't have it two times. The times I tested positive for it, I was put on an antibiotic IV. I'm pretty sure that you have to be on the antibiotics for 4 hours before they're effective. My labor with DD1 went too quickly so they monitored her extra after she was born. I did not have antibiotics when I had DD2 or DS2 since I tested negative and everything went well for their births. I think that group b strep can come and go; that's why they have to test for it at a certain point in the pregnancy.

Hi ladies!!

The long cycles definitely suck! Sorry that you have to deal with them too.

Ok I can take a hint GL ladies :hugs:.

Hi ladies!!

Welcome!! :wohoo:

AF still not here, today would be the day.
Do you ladies see anything? Most recent pics posted in the last page at the bottom.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ed-eyes-updated-pg-4-14-dpo-31-day-cycle.html

i see one on the final clearblue!!!! can you get a first response one thatr isnt curved? i hear those are not good

Ok I can take a hint GL ladies :hugs:.

i'm sorry i didnt see your post until now :(problem is i write my posts but sometimes i can't post them right away and i end up leaving the window open for like an hour !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->