I'm finding it hell.....

KX

Reaction score
Breast feeding!

I am no longer in pain with it, but Lucy is now up hourly, sometimes half hours throughout the night wanting a feed. It's exhausting beyond belief. I am sitting feeding her on my bed and I can feel myself nodding off. Not safe I know, but I am totally exhausted.

I don't co-sleep as I couldn't trust myself, as I have been known to throw my legs and arms on Dale when asleep!:blush:

I am finding it very restrictive as Dale can't even do some feeds, I don't mean to moan, it just seems I am getting drained from every angle right now, and I honestly don't have the energy for anything right now.

Sorry for the moan. My HV said once I am over the 6 week mark, it will be ok. I hope so x

can you express atall? that way Dale can help out a bit more?

not sure if thats easier said than done being as i have never done it myself

x

i was going to say what layla said, dont want to sound mean, but dale got to help, when baby sleep you sleep, forget the housework

Hi Kx

hopefully the feeding will settle down soon. Lucy's so young at the moment and her tummy is tiny so she will need to feed often at the moment. Saying that though, feeding every half hour seems a bit much, do you fancy giving La Leche league a call? The no is 0845 120 2918 they should be able to give you some good advice and things to check that Lucy is taking a proper feed each time.

Does she have a dummy?

Hi Lucy,

We have tried her with a dummy but she refuses it. Spits it out all the time. The HV has checked my latch etc and thats fine, and my milk pours out my breast now, so she is getting alot. Her weight is now 9lb 15.5oz compared to her 9lb 7 birth weight, so that is a good sign. All I keep getting told is that she is a "snack" feeder, on breast for 5-10mins here and there. I know she is still young but its so tiring.

Layla and Skiwi thanks for the advice too, but when I mention expressing to my HV its like a no no as she will get confused with the different sucking techniques a bottle requires to the breast.

Thanks ladies I appreciate the advice and support, I just never realised how tiring it would be, but this time round I do have a hyper toddler to contend with too.

xxx

god kx, 6 weeks seems a long time to settle down too! i can really sympathise! having been there with a very hungry baby and a toddler!

tho i have to confess i gave up! it was too much for me!!

here if you need a chat hun!! think yous so strong going on xxx

:hugs:

I don't have a clue but I feel for you Karrina BIG hugs x I hope things get better soon.

can totally sympathasise with you Karrina. I never attempted breast feeding on Summer but I did on Jack and then give up about 3 1/2 months after matitis and other things just couldn't do it anymore. It does totally drain you espec with a toddler. My mum had Summer some afternoons when Jack was tiny so I could sleep when he did and housework werent done for ages in my house. is there anyone who can look after Rebecca for a few hours. Jack was greedy baby and would constantly feed on and off but it does settle down I promise. Just think 6 months time Lucy be sitting up and playing and Rebecca will have a new playmate too make your life bit easier X

Hi Lucy,

We have tried her with a dummy but she refuses it. Spits it out all the time. The HV has checked my latch etc and thats fine, and my milk pours out my breast now, so she is getting alot. Her weight is now 9lb 15.5oz compared to her 9lb 7 birth weight, so that is a good sign. All I keep getting told is that she is a "snack" feeder, on breast for 5-10mins here and there. I know she is still young but its so tiring.

Layla and Skiwi thanks for the advice too, but when I mention expressing to my HV its like a no no as she will get confused with the different sucking techniques a bottle requires to the breast.

Thanks ladies I appreciate the advice and support, I just never realised how tiring it would be, but this time round I do have a hyper toddler to contend with too.

xxx

What about those back to natuer bottles and teats by tommy tippie? arnt they meant to be like feeding from the breast?

Again i have no idea no having been there myself, just trying to think of sugestions.

x

it is easier to get milk out of a bottle then the boob which means the baby can get a preference for the bottle, even the bottles that are meant to look like the breast are easier for baby.

Kx my main advice normally is to feed lying down, and co-sleep but if this is not what you want to do then obviously I would say don't. I agree with what Lucy says, and will have a look to see if I can find any other info about snack feeding.

I used to give one bottle feed in the evening.
Took a long time for Ewan to accept the bottle, he prefered the tommee tippee teats, and hated the avent teats untill he was about 9 months! then he would just taken any thing.
Ewan woudl feed every 1 1/2 hours and it was draining but it should settle.
Dale can help by bringing you water, drinks and food whilst you are sat feeding.

I introduced a bottle of expressed to both of mine when they were around 2-3 weeks old. With Ella it was because I felt so ill with mastitis I didn't want her near me (sorry if that sounds harsh) and with Alex I followed suit because it worked for us first time round. Apart from a few weeks when he got funny accepting the bottle a couple of months ago, both mine have had no problems going between the breast and bottle. It isn't advised to introduce a bottle yet, but if you've got a big supply and can express some milk then for your sanity I would give it a go.
I use Tommee Tippee bottles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->