I'm getting married! Eeek!

Yeah if we go away (Which I'm pretty sure we will do) then we'll have a 'reception' back home when we're back - I think I'm just being a chicken! My dad can always walk me into the reception or something lol I think, in my head, they'll all be a lot more upset than in reality! :haha:

Wow I have not updated this in a LONG time! :rofl:

We're getting married in England! :happydance: :wohoo:

Buuttt...it's on hold for the time being as we've decided to TTC :cloud9:

Hope everyone is ok! xx

YEY FOR GETTING MARRIED IN ENGLAND AND TTC :). :happydance: xxx

Hey stranger!

Mine has been abandoned too, I have run out of things to do lol!!

Yey for TTC, sending lots of :dust: your way lovely!

x

You're mega organised :)

Can't believe you're getting married in under 6 months! Eek! Xx

I'm ALLIIIIIIVVVEEEE!!

I'm reviving this journal as we've decided to get married this December! Let the planning commence :D

Our colour scheme will be red and gold :)

Aww a Christmas wedding :happydance:
It's gonna be lush!! Xxx

im so excited :D but have no idea where to start! venues i think :)

Right :) I've emailed the vicar today to check availability so just waiting for a response, and I've chosen our invites! I'm making them myself but this is the style I'm gonna have (imagine them in red and gold)

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m506/clo_bags/66E16338-6E1A-43B1-84A6-A3DCCF68DC14-358-00000020D8B0275A.jpg

I'll make save the dates, place cards etc in the same sort of design :)

You're baaaackk!!!! :wohoo:

aww another December wedding. Do you have a preferred date or will you take whatever the church offer you?

How relevant are the last 468 posts? :lol: Have plans stayed the same or all different now? Deffo stalking this. KEEP IT UP TO DATE!!! xx

Pretty irrelevant I think :haha: will need to go back and see what I wrote before!

I'm hoping for the 15th but would take the 8th, don't really wanna get too much closer to Christmas than that!

I've found another invite design :) I like the layout of it but I would use the snowflake as the fastener at the front :)

https://i49.tinypic.com/2n8yedj.jpg

https://i46.tinypic.com/1jsy6w.jpg

Love those invites. We almost went for something similar. Best place to get those pocket folds is here. The exchange rate makes them bargainous :lol: Or at least that was the cheapest I found them a year ago x

Potential bridesmaid/flower girl dresses:

bridesmaid

flower girl

The bm dress will be the same colour as the sash on the df dress x

Be careful with that site - I was told today that their prices don't include VAT or a customs charge xx

^^ yup, add 20% to those prices Chloe, and then a customs charge. Plus the fact you have no buyers protection. You gotta weigh it all up x

Ah really? I assumed there wouldn't be cause the prices are in ££ :rofl: I'm so dumb sometimes :haha:

Ah well the pics are good for inspiration x

Here to stalk your wedding journal :D a winter wedding sounds lovely :d x

Yay! Welcome :) not much is happening right now lol STILL waiting for the priest to email back. I'll call on Monday I think!

I'm so rubbish at updating this :dohh:

Anywho - big update! The wedding is now BOOKED! :argh: November 29th 2013 :thumbup:

We are getting married and having our reception etc here.

They gave us such a good deal. The package they originally had on offer was 45 guests for the daytime and 70 for the evening (red carpet arrival, 2 course carvery, dessert, coffee and mints plus glass of wine at the table and sparkling wine for toast, and then a hog roast and DJ in the evening) and that would have cost $2013 (my pound sign doesnt work haha) so my mum and I went to view it with that offer as our starting point.

We asked the lady how much it would cost with 70 day time guests with 15 children then no extra in the evening and she came back at just over $3k. That was way out of our budget so my mum started haggling :haha: she said "if you can come back to me with $2500 on that piece of paper you'll have a deal and we'll book it today" so 20 mins later she came back and said yes!

THEN she asked if we wanted to get married there. I wasn't sure cause of the extra cost but she offered to show me the ceremony room and I agreed. It was gorgeous :cloud9: I asked her how much she'd charge for the room and she said "We won't charge you for this, I think your mum would kill me" :rofl:

THEN she offered us all our chair covers and ribbons for FREE as well. They were originally gonna cost us just over 200 at $3 a head.

AND THEN! she said I could have a room there for FREE the night before the wedding too! And they'll provide us with a sort of chill out room where I can get ready :happydance:

So in summary for $2500 we got:

A room the night before for me to stay in
A room for me and the bridesmaids to get ready in
70 day time guests, and 15 children (we're allowed extra in the evening if they don't eat haha)
2 course carvery for adults and separate childrens meals
dessert
coffee and mints
glass of wine at the table
glass of sparkling wine for the toast
DJ for the evening
Hog roast
Room on the wedding night for Matt and I

And breathe!

The colour scheme is still red and gold though :) Save the dates have gone out, and we're just waiting for our driving licenses to be sent back with our new address on it so we can book the registrar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->