I'm going to have a breakdown.

S

Serene123

It's like my baby is a completely different baby! She used to be so good and so easy and now she's impossible. I am sooooo tired. She won't sleep, she just wants to play in bed. She won't settle, ever! The most she sleeps now is an hour. I'm so exhausted. She is still smiley, aslong as she's getting her way. She always seems happy to see everyone EXCEPT me, and I used to be her favourite person in the world. I just feel rubbish. Like she doesn't love me anymore. I know it's ridiculous, but I'm the one who has to stop her climbing on things that will hurt her, or eating paper, or doing whatever she wants to do, and for some reason I feel like she doesn't like me because of it? No one else has to stop her so she thinks I'm bad? Maybe I'm exhagerating because I'm tired but it's making me feel rubbish.

That probably didn't even make sense. I just miss my happy baby that slept.

Caitlyn DOES love you more than anything or anybody in the world, you're her mummy!!

:hugs: i hope you feel better soon x

I know how you feel! I hate being the one who's always got to stop Sam from doing things and it makes me feel terrible because he hates having things taken from him now, and I'm always the one doing it. I'm sure if we weren't the people they saw all the time they'd be even more excited to see us though :hugs:

Hope the sleep improves soon - she's not getting more teeth is she? x

She does love you the most! you are who she depends on for everything, its not always apreciated but she loves you unconditionally! they all go through different stages , just wait till she tells you she loves you for no reason at all, then you will know :) x

your her favorite person, your her mom. Sometimes I feel the same way about Harley, because there are times she seems happier to see other people over me. But then, when they want something they always go back to mom. You know? Also sleep deprivation can escalate depression which can make you feel worse.

:hugs: I hope you and Caitlyn get some well deserved sleep soon.

Caitlyn adores you hunni.

I know it must be really hard for you but you are doing an amzing job. Mabey ask someone to have her for a few hours to give you a break so you can get some sleep. Big hugs hunni :hug:
xx

teddy wont sleep either. we spent a few days visiting family and since we came back his routine has all gone and he's very tired and grumpy. he wont sleep now....it is depressing..

:hug: remember - these are phases...it'll pass......(thats what keeps me sane!!)

:hugs: Caitlyn loves you to bits just as much as you do her. :hugs:
I know your co sleeping but maybe its time to put her in her own crib?
In my opionion i think she can smell you when she does try and sleep so wants to be up and play / feed ect.
Try a crib right next to your bedso you can still be close and go from there?
By all means if you dont want to stop co sleeping dont!
But im just thinking of your needs hun :hugs: You need sleep too ;)

I know what you mean! I think its a stage they go through. Caitlyn shouts at me when i take things away from her or stop her doing what she was doing. Hope it passes soon :hugs:

of course she loves you hun. I have the same problem with Oscar. I am the one telling him no, chasing him around, taking things off him. I am thre one who gets shouted at and pushed away when I ask for cuddles.
But when he is poorly, I am the one he wants and he will cry for me.
So I know he still loves me :D
Maybe it is time for introducing the cot or basket. See how it goes. I used to put Oscar in his basket and put the lights low and classical music on, he went out like a light :hugs: chin up babe you are a fab mummy x

I really think you need to get her into her own bed and routine... She likely will start sleeping through too, when she is with you she just wants to feed because you always feed whenever she asks, whether she needs it or not.

Caitlin loves you and likely will be upset for a few nights, but the longer you wait the tougher it will be.

:hugs: of course she loves you honey, you need some sleep and you time too :hugs: you're an amazing mummy sweetie :hugs: maybe your mum and sister can help too? x x x

Your baby loves you and depends on you totaly so I wouldn't worry and this love will only increase to an overwhelming amount.

Has she learnt something new recently? As their development continues and she learns new things like rolling over, playing, walking etc she will want to keep trying them so can disturb her sleep. Maybe she is getting some teeth?

:hugs:

Thats so part of how i used to feel (sometimes still do)
I dont have a magic solutinion hun, but it does sound like you need some sort of back up
can your mum give Cailtin her bath and put her to bed for you one night a week, or are you like me? No one does it like i do so she wont go down blah blah.. coz thats me hun, i want to do everything but just end up exhausted..

Rhiannon always pushes me away when i ask for cuddles, but is more than willing to fling her arms round her grandad or aunty.. and yes, it kills, because you feel like she should be doing it to you...
but think back to when she is teething or just poorly, who does she cry for?? You...
i know i can say it over and over and until you feel it yourself your always going to think she doesnt, but sleep deprivation is hard hun and your doing a bloody fantastic job...
could you maybe express a bottle and someone else give it to her?
or, as hard as it is, maybe buying a little crib/cot and leave her cry it out?

Really hope you get some sleep and start to feel better soon, always here for a chat/vent/rant XXX

:hugs:

I don't know where would Caitlyn be without a great mom like you. :hugs:

Your One the Greatest Moms on here, alot of people look up to you rather you notice it or not. Sadly this is a phase kids go through, shes in the process of learning THANKS TO YOU!!!. But the first little cough she gets, she'll be all over you again. Ride it out doll I know its tough, WERE HERE FOR YOU!!!

Thank you girls :hugs:

I am so, so tired. I do think it's because she's learnt to stand up and walk along the furniture that she doesn't want to sleep. She just wants to be doing that all the time. Then she's grouchy because she's getting no sleep. Her teeth were dreadful last night too. I just have to keep telling myself this is a phase and she's not going to be little forever.

Can you not get someone to look after her for a few hours so that you can get some decent unbroken sleep? I know its not easy, but I'm sure you will feel much better if you do and also when she hasn't seen you for a little while you will probably get the biggest smile when she sees you again and it will melt your heart.

I know sleep is important, but try also look at your diet. Are you getting enough vitamins etc. I find when I'm tired I eat more junk food and that just makes it worse. Possibly take a supplement or you get certain natural (without caffeine) energy drinks which really help!

I hope things get better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->