Im going to need surgery..im so scared =[

dlove11

Reaction score
I've been having this crazy pain for the past 2 years!!! yes 2 years and now was that i was diagnosed with what it is thats been causing me all this pain..i was in the hospital for the past 4 days because i have gallstones..and i am going to have my gall bladder removed but since im still in the 1st trimester they need to wait..the reason i was in the hospital so many days was because the doctors think a stone got out and was stuck in the duct and began inflaming my liver..my labs were coming back abnormal..my liver enzymes were high..but day by day they would slowly be going back to normal..so they decided to do an MRI which was so hard for me also because i was scared on the affects it might have on the baby..although mri's contain no radiation and it said to be the safest test that can be done on pregnant women..i was still scared..and i know this needed to be done for the sake of me and my baby..if this remained untreated it can get very dangerous for the mom and her baby..but thank god no stones were found wandering around so the doc's think i might have passed it..so right now i am on a strict diet so i wont have any gall bladder attacks..and in a few weeks i will have my surgery..please keep me and my baby in your prayers..as much as they say its safe to operate in the 2nd trimester it still scares me..but i know this is all for the better and i really cant live with getting that excruciating pain anymore.

:hugs: I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope everything goes well for you! :hugs:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ! Please keep us posted and you both are in my prayers !

:hugs: Awe hun... Wishing you all the best :hugs:

thanks ladies =] ...im just glad that finally theres answer to whats been going on and and after my surgery ill be as good as new

The best of luck babe! :hugs:x

Good luck hun. I'm glad you're getting it all sorted :hugs:

Best of luck with everything hon, I'm thinking of you x

GOOD LUCK! I had my gall bladder out in April of 2007. I, fortunately, wasn't pregnant then, so I can't share with that, but it really wasn't that bad. I had it done laproscopically, which was nice. I went in at about 6am, got set up with IVs and had a breathing treatment, was wheeled into the OR and was on my way home by 1pm. My gall bladder had been bothering me since I was 18, so...6 years. I became jaundiced too, when I was 18 and they thought it was my liver cause the function tests were WAY off, but we didn't have insurance, so I had to wait until April of this past year to have it taken care of. The surgery hurts so much LESS than the gall bladder attacks. Ya know that, burning, tight, hard, OW sensation on your right side after you eat? NEVER AGAIN! I do have pretty persistant diarrhea since the surgery, but it's a small price to pay for not being in pain anymore. Good luck and PM me or anything if you have any other questions or what not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->