I'm having a c-section on 29th :O

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by bethy1512, Dec 11, 2009.

1. bethy1512

bethy1512 due NYE 09

sooooooo... went to the MW this morning, then had to go str8 to torbay hospital for a presentation scan.

Basically bubs is breech (i know its still really early) and something to do with the location of the placenta. So they basically said it much safer for me and bubs to have a planned c-section.

I argued the point that theres still 3 weeks till my due date but cuz of where the placenta is and where bubs has got comfy they think its unlikely he/she will move. and they cant try and turn baby themselves because of the placenta thing again. so now i have a planned c-section on the 29th decemeber.

and if i go into labour before then it will automatically be an emergency c-section :(

well thats my birth plan out of the bloody window!

still atleast i can prepare myself.

really didnt see this coming tho :wacko:

2. kyesmummy

kyesmummy Mum of 1 TTC#2

hey hun, i was exactly the same as you! my lil man was breech and i had a planned c-section 3 weeks ago. its honestly nothing to worry huni!! i would go thru it all again tomorrow!! the best advice i can give is keep ur meds topped up! i was so happy when i used to see the drug trolly!!! lol! and def walk around as soon as you can, it will help you heal better!! if you wanna know anything just PM me xxx

3. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Ooooh not too long to wait then! I'm sure everything will be fine :hugs:

4. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

aww goood luck hun! at least you dont have the worry of waiting around ey! xxx

5. claire99991

claire99991 Mum of 2....

hugs, know how u feel i have presentation scan on 22nd as mine is still breech im terrified of the thought of a section :(

6. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

I was supposed to have mine the 29th but requested the 30th as I really don't like the doc on call on the 29th lol... but good luck hun!! It's sucks when plans change but at least you know when your LO will arrive :)

7. bethy1512

bethy1512 due NYE 09

thanks ladies.... i'm more nervous about the recovery and feeling totally useless for a few days than the actual procedure.
    Also started having major panicky moments tonight that im ACTUALLY GONNA HAVE A BABY! being given a definate date has made it suddenly so real! iykwim.
    xxx

8. purplerat

purplerat Mum of 3

good luck for the c-section and recovery :) The 29th Dec is my birthday its a great day to be born on!! xx

9. proud mummy

proud mummy 3 boys and pregnant

good luck hun ur baby will be here on my EDD. My baby is also breech I am booked in a for c section on wednesday and I feel just the same as you.

:hugs: ul be fine...x

10. bethy1512

bethy1512 due NYE 09

are u planning on breast feeding? have u asked u MW about how soon you can do it? i have so many questions to ask her on monday. lol .. im such a worrier.... i had nightmares about catheters last night! lol

11. aussiemum

aussiemum Mother of 4 boys

:yipee:It is my birthday too! :thumbup: The best day to be born:happydance:

I have had 2 c-sections and booked for my third. You can breast feed as soon as they finish the op and you come out of recovery. There really is nothing to worry about.
    Anything else I can offer opinion on, I am glad to help.