I'm huge ... and feeling sorry for myself. Anyone else?

katsbump

Reaction score
I think I should have had some idea of how large I was going to get when the hospital doctor at my 34 week appointment insisted I was 37 weeks. After confirming that, yes, I knew how far along I was and I was only 34 weeks, I was sent to the fetal assessment area for a growth scan. Measuring only a week ahead the scan confirmed.

Fast forward four weeks and my bump is freakin' enormous. I swear it gets bigger daily. Yesterday my gp said, well, you're obviously really big, after I explained a trip to hospital for anti d over the weekend after whacking my bump and bruising it on a door handle due to not being able to judge my own girth. For the record I've only gained 24 lbs so it really is an enormous bump.

Anyway, when the Host at the restaurant last night met us with the words "you're huge" it just made me feel so discouraged. I cried in the carpark later. I waddle and have developed a lurching gait from hip pain. I feel like I just stand out like a big bloated sore thumb wherever I go. We are away for the weekend, visiting Dublin where a number of our friends live, and I told dh that I didn't even really want to go out and meet people because, well, it would have to be in a pub or bar and I just feel so obvious, not to mention the discomfort. I'm really social but I can't face a night of people using words like fat or huge, not to mention the discomfort of a Dublin drinking establishment in a Friday night.

Is anyone else feeling like they can't face the stares and the commentary and the world until they have given birth. I just feel so awkward and obvious and kind of like people are shocked by the state of me:(

.... after I explained a trip to hospital for anti d over the weekend after whacking my bump and bruising it on a door handle due to not being able to judge my own girth.

I'm not huge (yet) but I totally feel you on this! I keep misjudging the distance between chairs or half open doors and trying to squeeze between them and getting stuck... quite embarrassing! And it's only going to get worse!

Try to be proud of your big bump - I'm sure the people who comment aren't trying to make you feel bad, it's very exciting to see a heavily pregnant lady! Your body is doing amazing things, and your lovely bump is proof of that :hugs:

I'm sure they aren't trying to make you feel bad, but honestly, those comments are unnecessary and thoughtless. :nope:

It's for this very reason I try not to show myself towards the end. Because I don't want to give birth in prison. :haha:

Hang in there....I feel huge and uncomfortable. Anxious to have my body back and my little one in my arms. :hugs:

You've put a very positive spin on it, which I needed. I have to admit, though, I'm looking forward to having my body back. I seriously never knew how big you get and how awkward it could be!

You've put a very positive spin on it, which I needed. I have to admit, though, I'm looking forward to having my body back. I seriously never knew how big you get and how awkward it could be!

It'll all be worth it! :thumbup:

Yes I am huge!!!! I am measuring 41 weeks at 36 :blush: baby is weighing in at estimated weight of 8lb already! Getting induced two weeks early. x

I have only put on 12lb and bump is measuring about 3 weeks ahead but so many people make comments about my 'waddlng'. Apparently I have a very exaggerated waddle for someone with a small bump - I just want to scream that my waddle is due to my pelvic girdle problems and severe pain. When the pain is not there I walk perfectly normal & I guess if I used my crutches there would be less for others to say.

I'm not a bloody duck & I'm not faking a waddle :-(

I totally understand where you are coming from re not wanting to go out. A pub full of drunk people commenting on the size of your bump sounds ghastly.

I totally understand where you are coming from re not wanting to go out. A pub full of drunk people commenting on the size of your bump sounds ghastly.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. With such a short time left I may just hide myself away and avoid the awkwardness. Sorry to hear about your waddle. I'm sure we'll all feel fab once we give birth - here's hoping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->