I'm ill and pregnant will it harm baby? :(

LorraineMM

Reaction score
Hi guys first off to start on a happier note I fitted into my jeans today for what i think will be the last time, holy cow they are snug haha! WOO getting a belly. or bloat belly either im happy with.

Anyway back to purpose of the post. I've come down with a terrible cold, sore throat, extremeeeeeee cough, and snot bag nose, etc. I was up all last night couldnt open my eyes as they were so senstive to tiny lights around me reguardless if it looked pitch black? lol. I was being sick with MS which i think was made worse by the coughing I had. I was in a state. So uncool! Anyway I'm worried now its harmed baby or is harming the baby.

I havent taken anything apart from some soothers, and a tiny bit of cough medicine last night to help me sleep. I've been trying natural remedies instead.

What do you do if you become ill while pregnant. I'm so worried with my previous risk of MC's :(

Thankyou ladies

xxx

I've never known a cold to affect pregnancy hun, so relax :)
I've currently got the cold with sore throat and cough thing (boo), I went and got some honey and lemon linctus medicine from boots which has been fab! Lots of rest and steaming your face helps you feel less poo too

Hope you feel better soon xx

A general cold will not harm your baby at all, the ONLY thing that can is you have a high fever for a few days, so if no fever (not common in adults with colds, unless you have influenza which is serious). If you do have a slight fever, then take Paracetamol (safe in pregnancy).

Baby will be fine! You might suffer a bit more as I always seem to get poorlier when pregnant and only thing you can take is paracetamol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->