I'm in shock....

Agcam

Reaction score
I had a scan this afternoon. It was initially meant to look at the implantation site, and then after last week's supposed miscarriage, to check whether everything had cleared out.

........I'm still pregnant!!!!!! I saw bean - developing beautifully, measuring at 8 weeks.

I obviously had an absolutely massive bleed. There's no more active bleeding, but a lot of blood still inside that needs to clear out (sorry, TMI, I know). They don't know what caused it, and I have a follow-up scan in two weeks.

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster, but now it's like Christmas has come early.

:)

That's amazing! What wonderful news after going through something so traumatic, I'm so happy for you. :) Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy from here on. :)

Must be pregnancy hormones but this brought a tear to my eye. That is one amazing baby and it must have been the best thing ever after you thought it was all over. Big hugs to you and your superbaby!

Oh, and I had a very large internal bleed at 9 weeks. Not a drop of it ever came out and it was gone not long after, absorbed. Rest as much as you can to avoid the blood irritating your uterus and hopefully it'll be gone soon.

Whoa! That is a rollercoaster! What a beautiful outcome. I agree, that’s a super baby you have on board. Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of pregnancy.

Awwww that amazing. Wish we could have seen your face!! I bet it was the best reaction ever :hugs:

Omg reading this was the best way to start the day! Congrats, so happy for you! Super baby! Hugs!

Oh wow! Amazing. So happy for you.
I too had two massive bleeds and expected the worst.

Really pleased for you!

So happy for you! Bleeding can be so stressful, you`ve got a real fighter in there :)

Such amazing news. So lovely to hear a happy story

This is wonderful I'm so happy for you!!! What did you say/do when they told you?? I bet you were so shocked!!! Lol how lovely! Has made me a bit teary too. Xxxx

This is such fantastic news! I am so happy for you! Xx

Thank you all :)

I had a bit of a cry when they told me - just couldn't help myself! I then spent the rest of the afternoon struggling to type because my hands were shaking.

The staff were amazing, and it was obvious that they really cared about the outcome. The nurse chaperone in particular was so thrilled. She apparently told the rest of the nurses in the clinic, because one of them congratulated me as I was on my way out.

Talia and veganmum - Did they give you any indication of the reason for your bleeds? The consultant said they don't really know. I'm glad it worked out for both of you.

Talia and veganmum - Did they give you any indication of the reason for your bleeds? The consultant said they don't really know. I'm glad it worked out for both of you.

No, no reason was given. I had the scan because I was really worried about mc basically, and then they spotted this really big bleed in my uterus. If I remember rightly it was bigger than the baby. They told me it would either come out or be absorbed, and that it did pose some risk to the pregnancy. They told me to take it easy and also not to have sex, but I went the whole hog and put myself on as much bed rest as I could for about two weeks. At my next scan it was completely gone, and I never actually bled at all. I cramped in the meantime though.

At my 20 week scan, they saw some bright spots in the baby's bowel which they said were caused by that early bleed being absorbed (then the baby swallows it, ew!) but other than that thank God I've had no ill effects.

No, no reason was given. I had the scan because I was really worried about mc basically, and then they spotted this really big bleed in my uterus. If I remember rightly it was bigger than the baby. They told me it would either come out or be absorbed, and that it did pose some risk to the pregnancy. They told me to take it easy and also not to have sex, but I went the whole hog and put myself on as much bed rest as I could for about two weeks. At my next scan it was completely gone, and I never actually bled at all. I cramped in the meantime though.

At my 20 week scan, they saw some bright spots in the baby's bowel which they said were caused by that early bleed being absorbed (then the baby swallows it, ew!) but other than that thank God I've had no ill effects.

That's interesting. I asked specifically about rest, and was told that it wasn't necessary and I could go about as normal. I unfortunately can't take time off work at the moment.

The consultant told me to avoid sex, to prevent infection. She also said that she didn't foresee any issues with the pregnancy, but that I should have a follow-up in 2 weeks none-the-less.

I didn't think about baby swallowing the blood. Ew is right!

That's interesting. I asked specifically about rest, and was told that it wasn't necessary and I could go about as normal. I unfortunately can't take time off work at the moment.

The consultant told me to avoid sex, to prevent infection. She also said that she didn't foresee any issues with the pregnancy, but that I should have a follow-up in 2 weeks none-the-less.

I didn't think about baby swallowing the blood. Ew is right!

I'm glad you don't have any issues foreseen! I think my bleed was in quite a dangerous place (on top of the baby). If you just avoid sex and avoid walking too much and lifting anything heavy then that should be cautious enough. Your baby has already shown its very resilient! (My granny told me babies who made it through early pregnancy issues would be girls...and mine is...just sayin'! ;) )
Hope the next 2 weeks go fast for you to get to see baby again! :flower:

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->