I'm in Uncharted Waters....Need help with temping please ;)

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
I just started temping to get a fuller picture of my cycles and so that I could confirm that I am in fact Oing and not just gearing up to. I started temping about the time my spotting was ending this cycle so I don't have all of the temps for this cycle, but ever since I have started temping they have steadily been going down, except for one temp, and I'm not that one is even valid, as I sat up before I realized I forgot, and then laid back down and took my temp. I do take my temp vaginally, which I was told is more accurate? But honestly I know nothing about any of this temping stuff. My thermometer also sucks. It does not read 2 points past the decimal, it only reads one, but it is all I have right now, while I'm waiting on my proper thermometer, I figured it would better then nothing at all. But this morning my temp dropped to 96.3. Doesn't that seem incredibly low? Does anyone else get temps that are that low? I guess I'm still waiting on my O since they are still dropping, but I just now (yesterday) got my first + LH Wondfo, and it was more + today. My CBFM is still only giving my High fertility readings though, so I"m a bit confused about that as well. If anyone else does get temps that low, is it usually that low right previous it a rise? Like it drops super low right before you O and then the next morning's temp is higher, until you get back up to higher readings? My FF chart is available to look at in my signature, and I think that you should be able to see more than just this months chart if you go to FF. Last cycle was 49 day's ending in a chemical. :cry:

I temp orally, but I get temps in the 96s. View my chart below. ☺ sorry about your cp. The longer you chart and more frequently, the more you will see a trend. When I first started it looked crazy. Just keep going dear. And temp as soooooon as you wake up.

I temp orally, but I get temps in the 96s. View my chart below. ☺ sorry about your cp. The longer you chart and more frequently, the more you will see a trend. When I first started it looked crazy. Just keep going dear. And temp as soooooon as you wake up.

Do you not bother temping while you are still on your period? I see that you temped on day one, but didn't start until again until day 5. Is there a reason for that, or did you just not do this cycle?

And it looks like from your chart, when your temp get's in the lower 96's that you O shortly afterwards, right? Is that correct? Or am I reading your chart wrong. Does it look like that on the rest of your charts as well?

Your chart is looking a little confusing but you don't have many temps in there yet. It doesn't look like you've ovulated yet though. Apparently vaginal temps are higher than oral temps. I had a 96.58 temp this morning. That's pretty low for me. I temp orally.

If you're temping vaginally, I'd assume you just skip temping during AF. Even orally they don't add much to your chart. Temps can be irratic during AF. I just continue because it's habit. You'll need to continue temping vaginally for the rest of your cycle if you decide to change though.

Once you add a few more temps in you should start seeing a decent pattern.

Do you not bother temping while you are still on your period? I see that you temped on day one, but didn't start until again until day 5. Is there a reason for that, or did you just not do this cycle?

Since i temp orally, I temp through my period too, this month I took a redeye flight so I didn't temp one day, but usually I do just to keep in the habit. And last month I didn't temp one weekend because it was my wedding weekend and I didn't bring my thermometer to the hotel.

This month I believe my temps are lower because I started drinking fertilitea. But this month I have also been sleeping with the fan on.

And it looks like from your chart, when your temp get's in the lower 96's that you O shortly afterwards, right? Is that correct? Or am I reading your chart wrong. Does it look like that on the rest of your charts as well?

I haven't O'd yet. I am scheduled to this Thursday. But like I said, there are a number of factors that could be making my temps lower this month compared to last month.

Just keep it up dear, it will all make sense if you stay consistent. ☺

I take my temperature orally and my thermometer only shows readings up to one decimal point.

I have been temping for the last couple of months but I still feel I need to learn more how to read the chart, especially when it is not straight forward.

Good luck!

Have you guys read that really informative ebook that they have on fertility friend? That helped me understand a ton about charting.

My temp went up to 96.8 this morning. I'm scared that mean's that I've O'd since they have been on a steady downward trend since I started. How do you know that you have O'd? I got my first + Wondfo on CD 13 but it's was way darker on CD14. My CBFM FINALLY gave me a Peak reading this morning. What do I trust?

I don't think you O'd if your temp is still in the 96's. As for the OPK, I don't know how versed you are in them, so don't be offended if I am telling you something you already know, but the OPK test has to be as dark or darker than the control. Just having a line doesn't make it +. Did you use OPK's more than just those two days? I started my OPK's today, but according to my previous cycles, I am scheduled to O on Thursday, so even though I know it will be negative today, I still test so I can see the progression. Makes it easier for the wait and for me to make sure I'm positive it was positive. Does that make sense?

You kind of just have to wait till ff gives you the crosshairs, which happens about 3 days after the fact. But if your temps are going up you might be about to O, It's really tough to tell.

Like I said, the more you chart, the more clear it will all become. I feel like I am so in touch with my cycle, and that brings me a sort of peace and harmony which I love. Just keep it up dear. And if you catch a baby before you get the hang of it, then you have an extra bonus! :haha:

no ones charts will look the same. even 2 of your charts wont look the same. You really cant compare them.

Youll know you Od when your temp goes up and stays up.

You trust everything together- OPK, temps, mucus, etc. It all works together.

Its ok if your thermometer doesnt go .00, its still accurate for basic temping.

You can temp on your AF if you want but most people dont.

As for sitting up, youre allowed to sit up but you cant get up and move around. The temp is fine then that you took.

Oral or vaginal is fine but vaginal is best, especially if you snore/mouth breathe, etc.

Taking Charge Of Your Fertility is a great book.

Thanks ladies, I feel a little bit better about all of this.

OhHappyz- Yes, the LH strip was definitely positive. But the monitor tracks estrogen as well, so that may be why it was later in giving me a peak. Also, this is my first cycle after a CP so things may just be wonky. I normally dont surge for very long, this cycle my first + was on CD14 (I'm not counting the LH strip on CD13 b/c even though it was just as dark as the control, CD14's was even darker so I'm considering that one that true beginning of my LH surge) BUT LH isnt the only hormone that comes into play for ovulation, estrogen play's it's part as well, so the fact that the monitor did give me a Peak reading today, makes me feel better now that I think about it, bc it means that all my hormones for O are lining up correctly and my CP/CM seem to be lining up as well, so I would say that O is imminent within the next 48hrs or so. Hopefully I can get hub's to do some BDing tonight and tomorrow, should I skip the day after tom, and then BD on the next day, or try to BD on all four days from here out? Hub's works second shift so our BD's are normally between the hrs of 11pm and 3am, which as I'm told technically put's the BD (after 12am) on the next CD in the AM. This is our fourth cycle trying and I'm just so disappointed after last month's CP, that I think I'm freaking myself out and being a bit of a control freak, maybe for nothing. I don't know. I just know that If I did already O (so hoping that is NOT the case) I don't think that we BD'd enough or close enough for anything to stick. That's what I'm freaking out about.

Have any of you on past charts with your temps realized looking back that you O'd previous to getting a peak on your OPK, esp as CB monitor or digital OPK's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->