I'm just gonna stop talking!!

Sakura15

Reaction score
Is 'pregnancy brain' really a thing? And does it happen this early? (I'm 6 weeks) Cause lately, I keep making myself look like a real idiot! I swear, every time I open my mouth, I use the wrong word, or the word I want just doesn't come to me, or I switch prepositions like "in", "at", "on" and the sentence doesn't make sense. I also said Wednesday instead of Thursday in an e-mail, causing a parent to come to the school to see me when I wasn't available. I feel like I should just stop talking!

My friend at work after I vehemently said that burgundy is exclusively chardonnay... (I'm a sommelier so that is a really stupid thing for me to say) told me about her second pregnancy when she couldn't remember the word for spoon and called it a food shovel. Pregnancy Brain is a thing and it's embarrassing as hell especially when you're not ready to tell people you're pregnant so you just go around sounding like an idiot. My husband is being great about it but wow is my memory gone.

I always do this so I wouldn't notice :haha:

No, but really with my son I only noticed feeling confused after I gave birth until about 12 mths postpartum.

No changes with this one yet.

In my last pregnancy( before we even knew) I was working in a care unit, bathing a client in one of those tubs where they open door step in and u fill the tub with water , half way through the bath( tub fully filled) , I just opened the door flooded the whole bathroom, Luciy the client found it hilarious , one of my colleagues joked ur pregnant low and behold tested next day and I was.

Hahaha.....thanks for sharing ladies.
I wonder though if it's a sign I'm missing nutrients? Taking prenatals and trying to eat well but this really makes be wonder if I'm still missing something.

Hahaha.....thanks for sharing ladies.
I wonder though if it's a sign I'm missing nutrients? Taking prenatals and trying to eat well but this really makes be wonder if I'm still missing something.

I saw a sitcom that said it meant your baby is going to be smart... I just thought it was one of those weird pregnancy symptoms that we just deal with.

Ahem...I called a trailer hitch a boat dragger the other day because I couldn't remember the word...even though we have had one for the past ten years...:shrug:

Ugh it's started happening for me already! I feel so dumb. But honestly for me it never went away just got a little better lol

I remember last time it was more doing clumsy things :dohh: I poured lemonade on my cereal and milk into my squash, put my keys in the bin and phone in the fridge!

The other day though we went to watch Spectre and I kept asking hubby 'what is 007 called do we ever know his name?' He ignored me (I think he had no clue what I was going on about!) so I thought that he just didn't have a name and it was all mysterious.

Later that night I was all 'oooh of course he's called James Bond' (I've watched all the others so wasn't like I didn't know this!) x

Yes yes yes! It is totally a thing and I've got it bad. Every day I say something that makes me want to crawl into a hole after. The most embarrassing 'pregnancy brain' moment for me thus far was when I went to buy groceries and realized I had left my wallet in the car. The cashier offered to hold my stuff behind the counter while I went to grab it and I replied "Oh thanks! Did you want me to pay for it first?" He just looked at me bewildered and was like "Uhh, do you have enough money to?" Durr. I felt like such an idiot I didn't even want to return haha.

Yup I am totally in this boat. Most people at work don't know I'm pregnant yet, so I swear they think I am just getting dumber by the day! Forgetting basic policies and procedures (that I've trained other people on!) and just general forgetfulness. Yesterday I stopped at my son's day home, put my keys in my purse, stuck my purse beside me on the seat and got out...and locked the door. Thankful that I only live about a 10 minute walk from there but holy embarrassing!

I found my purse in my garage freezer after half a day.

I told my husband I was going to the store for tortillas for tacos for dinner and then came back in the house because I wanted his advice on what to make for dinner.

I had four jackets at work. One for every day of the week. And I didn't even notice I was missing any.

I left my debit card behind in two stores... in a row.

I am trying to have a sense of humor about it but if I'm this dumb at seventeen weeks what am I going to be like later?

With my first I remember it taking me fifteen minutes to figure out how to turn on the vacuum cleaner that I owned for over year.I literally was searching all over the vacuum cleaner for the switch...finally found the switch on the side I kept over looking it. Yeah I felt like a real dingy.

Yes it is a real thing. For me I haven't done a lot of dumb things, but I have a hard time finding words - they feel like they are on the tip of my tongue but I just can't get them. It's super frustrating. I also can't concentrate to read things. I have to write a pretty important exam next weekend when I'll be 37 weeks, I'm terrified that my baby brain will make me fail!

Good to know I am not alone!!

I keep walking into the bathroom with the dishes once we are done eating... And I have forgotten my phone several times now. Once at work, yesterday at my friends house, in the car, etc.

Hope I can call it a pregnancy symptom!!

Oh yes, so glad it wasn't just me. I used to wonder how some people ever progressed from Velcro shoes to tying their own shoe laces and then all of a sudden around 6-7 weeks pregnant I felt such a bimbo and belonging to that group.
Either I've improved now am at week 16 or I've stopped noticing how dumb I sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->