I'm just irritated now

izzlesnizzle

Reaction score
Why is everything so bloody difficult!! Went to book in with my gp only to be told the process has changed now and it's self referral. The gp just sat and typed on his computer the whole time not looking at me while I explained the complications I had in my last pregnancy and then sent me out to reception to ask the receptionist for a number. She had no clue what I was talking about and as I have to be under a consultant this time I had to explain it to her with the whole waiting room listening. Then she gave me a duff number that nobody answers!!

Is this self referral thing common practice now? I didn't have this with my first. Just saw gp and he referred me. Job done.

Now I've got another thing to try to sort out and find the number myself.

I just called my doctors and asked for a booking in appointment with a MW. I got my appointment 3 weeks later (I was 9 weeks).

I just rang the local MW office and got an appointment. GPS generally aren't interested anymore

Hmm isit different depending on your area? I'm from near Romford Essex, and I went to my gp and she referred me..

Just don't think the gp was interested. The number I was given was wrong so had to Google it. Found one who I got through to but got passed pillar to post and ended up with a mobile number where I left a message and someone rang me back and finally was able to book in. Just seems a crazy process. Used to be so much easier where the gp would do it for you but now you have to do it yourself.

Here we ring a central midwifes office number where it is manned part-time so you are waiting for them to call back. I was a bit persistent and kept trying until I caught them in (no patience :blush:). Midwife then contacted me with appt. It seems crackers that it varies so much from one area to another!

We self refer here and you just call the MW and arrange your appointment :thumbup:

I chose my hospital on-line and filled out the self referral form. Didn't even bother with my GP as they are completely useless and you can't get an appointment for weeks, the reception staff are equally clueless about phone numbers and contact details etc.

I empathise - you just want to get stuff sorted and there are incompetent people everywhere.

Hope you are all sorted now and can relax.

We ring the surgery and they get MW to call us back to arrange booking in appointment.

Because I want to go to the other hospital tho I am yet to get there and have 8 weeks bloods. If i stuck with the one nearest the MW could take the blood sample at the booking in appointment.

I'm not sure if 8 week bloods that important tho really. I mean I know what blood group I am and the immunity was checked with last pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->