I'm kind of sad...

gina8177

Married with 1 baby boy
Reaction score
Kaiden no longer wants to snuggle me when he sleeps.

He used to love falling asleep on my shoulder or on the breastfeeding pillow snuggled against me. In bed he would move in and snuggle right next to me.

Now he never falls asleep on me, so I have him nap in the bed. And when I am in bed with him he never snuggles me any more. Now he'll actually move away from me.

He still likes to be held thank goodness. But he's not even a big fan of being worn now either, sob! When he was first born I couldn't always wear him on long walks because it was so hot out, so we'd start off in the stroller and when he got annoyed we'd switch to the carrier. Now I have to bring the stroller because he gets annoyed with being carried. I'm really hoping this is a phase, I feel bad that he isn't being carried as much I would like, but he gets annoyed and wants out.

It makes me sad that he doesn't want to be as close to me. :cry:

awww. I'm sure he'll go through a cuddle stage again. My LO has been doing the same thing lately, we go for long walks in the mei tai almost daily, and lately he's started fussing after a few minutes. I think he's starting to notice what's going on around him more. I'm hoping it's just a stage :)

I'm sure it's just a phase. My LO was never particularly cuddly although she was happy to sleep on me, but when she turned a year old she suddenly started crawling up to me, pulling herself up and then wrapping her arms around me for a proper hug - very cute and worth the wait!

Babies go through different phases, particularly as they get older and start noticing the world more. You might find that when he approaches the separation anxiety stage, he'll be very happy to be cuddled up tight with Mummy again :hugs:

My LO used to always fall asleep in my arms / on my shoulder for naps until she was 3 or 4 months old. Whilst my house loved that it then got cleaned when she decided she'd only fall asleep if we put her down, I really miss those days of just sitting there with this little weight on my chest, watching her sleep :cloud9:

H went back to cuddling, I was so relieved :blush:
She's a very cuddly girl now, so don't worry! :flower:

Thanks everyone! I'm sure it is just a stage. One the one hand it's nice to see him interacting with the world but I will be happy to get my snuggly boy back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->