I'm new and want to introduce myself

Jody R

Reaction score
I am new here but wanted to introduce myself.

I am currently trying to conceive after the loss of my son and daughter, both in 2007. Our son, Ally, was stillborn in January and as is so often the case when a child is stillborn, the doctors could give us no reason for his loss. Until then I didn't know anything about stillbirth but now I know more than I wish I needed to. In most cases of missed miscarriage and stillbirth the doctors have no answers to give and knowing we will never understand why our son died is a heavy load to carry.

We quickly conceived again and were expecting a happy outcome but our daughter was born prematurely following a road accident which left me seriously ill with an infected placenta. Our daughter, Elisabeth, survived for just over two hours but passed away as she was born just before the 24 week point of my pregnancy and she was too tiny to be saved.

We are taking hope from the fact that I conceived quickly and from the fact that my pregnancy with Elisabeth was going so well before the accident. We will always love and miss the two babies we have lost but are hopeful that one day soon we will have a third child together and bring him or her home from the hospital to raise and love.

I am a member of a grief support forum which has been wonderful in letting me know I am 'normal' and not alone in what has happened to me. Unfortunately stillbirth and neo-natal deaths are very common, much more so than I believed possible, but they are also isolating and for a long time I felt that this could only have happened to me. I am also a member of an internet group which focuses on books and reading and that has been a lifeline, as it has helped me to be 'normal' in a different way.

I have decided to join this forum as it seems to have a balance between all aspects, from TTC to after the baby is born and yet it also has a section for bereaved parents too.

I hope that if anyone reads this it won't frighten anyone, and I hope that I can make friends here and be a support to people and receive support in return. Thanks for reading this.

sorry to hear about your losses :( welcome to baby and bump :)

Welcome! I am so sorry to hear about your losses. You've come to the right place! :hugs:

Hello and welcome darling:)

:hi: Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear of your loss :hug:

Welcome to B'N'B hun :hugs:

I'm sorry for your losses :hugs:

Thank you for the replies and the welcomes. It's great to meet you all.

:hi: Welcome to BnB. So sorry for your losses :hugs:

This is a wonderfully supportive forum - hope you enjoy it here, and wishing you lots of luck for TTC x x

Welcome to BnB, sorry for your losses :hug:

hiya welcome to the addiction that is BnB, so sorry to hear of ur losses :( x

So sorry for your losses :( Welcome to BnB

https://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1395/1395067kivarb450x.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe