• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm not ready to adult today.

N

Nerdy

Yesterday was, by far, one of the most trying days of my life, let alone pregnancy, and today isn't looking to be much better. It's basically this gigantic, collosal cluster of bad that I cannot seem to escape, and it's not only toying with my anxiety, it's toying with depression.

The managers of the condo association we rent from decided to give us a notice saying we had until Halloween to sign a new lease at their "market value" or get out. Went down and these people suddenly want to jack the price up by $800 a month because of "exterior improvements". They mean they finally cleaned the rooves, re-painted the outside of the buildings, and brought in new planters and topiaries outside of the office building. Hardly an excuse for $800 additional when I'm STILL waiting on new carpet 4 years later. So now it's looking like I'm going to have to move while dealing with this low lying placenta drama.

THEN my mother demanded to be taken to the ER due to shortness of breath and pressure on her chest. She's 72 years old, hardly a spring chicken, so of course we took her. She demanded no one stay with her so we respected her wishes. Lo and behold they kept her over night and she's going in for surgery to have a pacemaker inserted. Her resting BPM was 30, 02 sats were at 100%, but the chambers of her heart aren't communicating correctly. So of course she starts telling me where all of her jewelry is hidden, money is stashed, what she wants done etc etc and I'm wigging out because I'm not ready to say goodbye to my mother no matter how meddlesome and tiring her attitude can be.

My eldest sister is a recluse that doesn't want to know anyone or anything regardless of emergency status, my youngest sister is in her own world and I can't hold a serious conversation with her aside from letting her know what's going on with my mother... And we've been estranged from the rest of my mother's family since 2001 and now I have to figure out how to call them after they've ignored my EVERY attempt to get back in touch with them to play the role of information regarding what's going on. So pretty much I need to just call and be like "Yeah. I know you hate me and abandoned me when I was 12 because of a stupid fight you got into with my mother, but you should know she's having heart surgery."

I was up until 2am because of it, had a panic attack, am relatively miserable. DS wakes up at 6:43am and DH decides it's appropriate to wake me up out of a sound sleep to have me "deal with it", which means getting up and watching cartoons and taking care of DS until DH wakes up... Which won't be until noon unless I wake him up sooner... And you'd best be believing that I fully intend to. 10 am, because I'm generous, unless the phone rings from the hospital earlier.

So... Yeah... I know this isn't all pregnancy related, but I felt the need to vent to like minds because I'm feeling very closed off, isolated, and alone right now. It's now nearly 8 am here and I'm 100% not ready to adult today. At all. :dohh:

I'm sorry about all the craziness in your life. It is really hard to say good bye to a parent. I hope that everhingn goes well with her surgery. :hugs:

That is a lot to handle, even when not pregnant! I'm sorry everything is happening all at once... life seems to like to do that. I hope your mother's surgery goes well and she has an easy recovery! Can you maybe contact the local office that handles tenant laws and see if your landlord is allowed to do that?

You'll be in my thoughts, Battle :hugs:

I'm sorry about all the craziness in your life. It is really hard to say good bye to a parent. I hope that everhingn goes well with her surgery. :hugs:

:hugs: thanks so much. She goes in at 11am for surgery and the hospital is one of the best cardiac centers in the nation, let alone state. I just hate the drama... And to make things even worse? Hubby's job just had their tech contract pulled. His entire department is toast. Just want to scream at this point.

Kind of missing the days where everything was solved and settled with a slurpee and coloring book.

That is a lot to handle, even when not pregnant! I'm sorry everything is happening all at once... life seems to like to do that. I hope your mother's surgery goes well and she has an easy recovery! Can you maybe contact the local office that handles tenant laws and see if your landlord is allowed to do that?

You'll be in my thoughts, Battle :hugs:

I called my friend who's a lawyer and asked what our rights are. He said they SHOULD have notified us of the price increase in writing 60 days before the lease was up. They didn't, but that's a court battle that is really here nor there and would basically just result in them being fined and slapped on the wrist. Unfortunately there are no laws in Florida that dictate how much of a percentage your rent can be raised, which is contrary to so many other states that are governed under fair housing laws. Rawr on them. So many neighbors are moving out of here, though. They're going to have something like 75% of their condos to fill and no one in their right mind is going to give them $2000 a month for these given the fact that other places in the area with MORE ammenities are sitting at around $1300 a month, so we DO have options. It just sucks because we're settled and having to move is unfair given my physical condition and the fact it would be all on DH who has a really bad back. So much rawr, but yes... I'll keep fighting. S'all I can do.

Ugh...I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with all of that right now - particularly with your mother. I hope that she has a speedy recovery.

I know that moving sucks, but it sounds like that'll be the best move in the long run. What you're going through sounds fairly typical of FL condo developments. They often offer the best move-in specials, but they tend to increase rent at more rapid rates, etc. than private owners, and they often find the most minuscule reasons to withhold your security deposit. Considering that your development has not done much to maintain/fix up the interior portion of your apartment in the last few years, do you really think that they'll do much in the years to come without hiking your rates even more? I'd want to wash my hands of them and let them worry about not having tenants/rent payments for a while. There are plenty of wonderful landlords out there that will give you a better piece of mind and quality of life in the years to come.

I do live in FL, but based on your rent market rates, I'm guessing that you don't live in South Florida (if you do, I recommend that you reach out to Gomez Moving Company - they're fantastic!). My husband and I just bought a house about 1.5 years ago, but before that, we moved 3 times in 5 years. We were able to find a moving company that we really liked that was surprisingly affordable. We'll never move on our own again. I absolutely recommend hiring a moving company, if you can swing that. They'll do as much or as little as you want. They'll have all of the right materials to protect your furniture, etc., and will be able to very quickly move your belongings to your new home, and help set everything up again. They can really save you a lot of stress - especially at time when you already so much else on your plate.

Ugh...I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with all of that right now - particularly with your mother. I hope that she has a speedy recovery.

I know that moving sucks, but it sounds like that'll be the best move in the long run. What you're going through sounds fairly typical of FL condo developments. They often offer the best move-in specials, but they tend to increase rent at more rapid rates, etc. than private owners, and they often find the most minuscule reasons to withhold your security deposit. Considering that your development has not done much to maintain/fix up the interior portion of your apartment in the last few years, do you really think that they'll do much in the years to come without hiking your rates even more? I'd want to wash my hands of them and let them worry about not having tenants/rent payments for a while. There are plenty of wonderful landlords out there that will give you a better piece of mind and quality of life in the years to come.

I do live in FL, but based on your rent market rates, I'm guessing that you don't live in South Florida (if you do, I recommend that you reach out to Gomez Moving Company - they're fantastic!). My husband and I just bought a house about 1.5 years ago, but before that, we moved 3 times in 5 years. We were able to find a moving company that we really liked that was surprisingly affordable. We'll never move on our own again. I absolutely recommend hiring a moving company, if you can swing that. They'll do as much or as little as you want. They'll have all of the right materials to protect your furniture, etc., and will be able to very quickly move your belongings to your new home, and help set everything up again. They can really save you a lot of stress - especially at time when you already so much else on your plate.

Believe it or not, we're in Palm Beach County. I'll look up Gomez for sure and see how that goes. We HAVE found a couple houses held by rental companies that are 3/2s in the $1275 - $1400 range which is perfectly fine by me. They're all in gaited communities and have fenced yards, screened in patios etc etc. When we first started renting here it was $1086 a month as a move in special and that increased to $1200. The owner of the property passed away last year and his estate sold the property to his former partner who now has dollar signs in their eyes seeing as there's another brand new condo community across the street that's selling their units for $200,000, but not offering rentals etc. Granted, these new condos are STUNNING. Hardwood floors, granite, stainless everything, HUGE bedrooms, two stories etc. We have a 3/2 with a 1 car garage etc etc, but they've been real shady about correcting issues. The new management has out and out said they're not responsible for the flooring, but would give us a credit if we had it done ourselves. The neighbor across the street from us had an issue with a nest of coral snakes inside her door frame with snakes getting into her unit and they fought her for 3 months before taking care of it and that was only because she took them to court and they decided to settle out of court instead of wind up with it on public record etc etc.

It DOES seem proper to move from here. I agree. It just couldn't have come at a worse time, especially with season right on our heels. I'm going to try to look at a couple homes today after I know that my mother is out of surgery.

Aw I'm sorry you have so much on your plate and all at once. Sounds stressful and just a lot to handle. I pray your mom will have a sucessful surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->