I'm not so well - How can I lok after LO? (worried)

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
I'm not feeling too good. I have sore throat, bad headache, had temperature last night and I feel really weak:cry: I could hardly lift the baby up yesterday. This morning I feel a bit sick as well:cry:
Today I'm alone at home with him because OH works.
I'm so worried that I won't be able to look after him and entertain him well.
This is from the tiredness I think . I haven;t slept well for 6 months since LO was born and he wakes up 4-5 times a night, almost 10 times last couple of nights :cry:

I'm in the same boat as you, been sick 4 days now, and DH only had one of those days off, were we we're at his father's funeral. Today was especially brutal I feel way worse then yesterday (ugh and DH has a really long day at work (aprox 12 hours). So how did I manage? I put Kathryn in her jumperoo with a baby einstein on for as long as she would allow it, as many times as I could; mean while I'd lay down with an ice pack on my head, make some tea, etc. Then She took her first nap @ 10:30, and I slept too. After that Grandma watched her for a bit (we live with DH's mom) and then She went down for 2nd nap @ 3 for an hour and I rested (couldn't fall asleep though). So basically, don't feel bad for letting them watch too much tv just this once, get some to help watching your LO if you can, take care of yourself, drink lots of water, take some meds, and try to rest as much as possible. Feel better!

I'm in the same boat as you, been sick 4 days now, and DH only had one of those days off, were we we're at his father's funeral. Today was especially brutal I feel way worse then yesterday (ugh and DH has a really long day at work (aprox 12 hours). So how did I manage? I put Kathryn in her jumperoo with a baby einstein on for as long as she would allow it, as many times as I could; mean while I'd lay down with an ice pack on my head, make some tea, etc. Then She took her first nap @ 10:30, and I slept too. After that Grandma watched her for a bit (we live with DH's mom) and then She went down for 2nd nap @ 3 for an hour and I rested (couldn't fall asleep though). So basically, don't feel bad for letting them watch too much tv just this once, get some to help watching your LO if you can, take care of yourself, drink lots of water, take some meds, and try to rest as much as possible. Feel better!

i don't have anyone to help. I';m feeling a bit sick and dizzy today. Just called my friend and asked if she could come over for a couple of hours but she;s a bit busy.
I don't think I will have time to rest. LO is so energetic lately,just want to play all day and only naps 20-30min each time:dohh:
I just left him in his cot now because I don't have energy to carry him :cry: (he's been playing with his toys now and nothing else to do and he;s supposed to sleep now:dohh:)

I am sorry hun, hope you feel better soon, us ladys just have to suck it up and get on with it. I was so sick last week, spent most of my time either sitting on the toilet or with my head stuck in the toilet !!!! but OH couldnt get any rime off and I dont have any one apart from my sis who has 2 kids of her own, so she cant come running. I know it is awful looking after a baby when you are ill. Feel better soon xx

I know how you feel - its awful, esp as you feel guilty about not doing as much with him.

Just try and get through the day - take some medication, and when OH gets home from work - go straight to bed. Don't do any housework, but try and eat well.

In future - try to get some rest - have the w/e off and get your OH do all the night feeds while you sleep in a seperate room so you don't have interrupted sleep. I learnt the lesson of being so tired and run down that when you do get ill it lasts for weeks rather than days as it takes you longer to recover.

Poor you xx

:hug:
I know how you feel, me and Lola were sick at around the same time and it was awful... Take as much rest as possible and book a babysitter (hubby) that will take care of him so you can nod off for a while.

Hope you feel better soon!

Take as much rest as possible and book a babysitter (hubby)

:dohh:OH can't even handle baby whining:dohh:
my friend came round for 3 hours so i got a short nap. better than nothing. i feel better today anyway, need to get on with it
:hugs:thanks

Im sick with two kids hun that are also very sick, just have to get on with it ;)

Nothing that can be done , just keep hydrated, take panadol and eat little and often :hugs:

I hope you get better soon.

hope you feel better soon, when Chloe was about 12 weeks I had a stomach bug and was throwing up every half hour and could keep water down, I didnt sleep or eat for 2 days, I had her on my own as OH worked during the day and went out in the evening, you manage because you have no choice- its like your body knows it cant stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->