I'm out this month...Other questions too

Stacie0703

Reaction score
AF showed her ugly head this morning, so now I'm on cycle 3 of TTC. I expected it, so I'm not sad - just disappointed. At least we'll have another fun month of DTD, I suppose.

I started using the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor this morning. I decided to try using an OPK this month, in addition to Fertility Friend, where I'm temping. My SIL gave me hers, so I finally figured out how to reset it and started it today, on CD1.

I think my cycle is going back to "normal" after being in the pill for so long. Last cycle was 22 days and this cycle was 25. I'm going to try and take some B6 and B12 starting today to try and lengthen my luteal phase. FF told me that I O'ed on CD14, making my LP 11 days. I would like it to be longer and maybe the vitamins can help lengthen my cycles back to 28 days. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

Another question - how long after you start TTC would you suggest seeing one's OB-GYN? I'm 26 and my DH is 26 (almost 27) and we're both very healthy.

OMG you pretty much described me word.for.word lol. This is my 3rd cycle as well ttc after stopping bcp. [was on the for about 12 years] This is my first cycle using a cbfm and I've also been using opks, fertility friend and temping hahaha!

I've been very worried about my luteal phase. My 1st month it was only 8 days, last month depending on ONE stupid temp being off by .01 degrees, it was either 9 or 11 days. If it's 11, that's fine but 9 is too short & I'm currently 5dpo on my 3rd cycle.

I started taking vitex 1-2x/day as well as 50 mg of vitamin b6 and 2 pills of red raspberry leaf supplement last month so this is my 2nd month doing so...hopefully my luteal phase was 11 days last month and this month it'll be as long/longer or....:bfp: but I did a lot of research and those seem to be the best naturally helpful supplements...

I'm also healthy - I try to eat right, I'm a normal weight, I exercise, I'm under 30 etc. etc - same w/ hubby so there is NO way after temping/tracking etc I'm waiting a year. I think 6 months is going to be our cut off...and less if my luteal phase stays short...

Good luck & lots of :dust:

AF showed her ugly head this morning, so now I'm on cycle 3 of TTC. I expected it, so I'm not sad - just disappointed. At least we'll have another fun month of DTD, I suppose.

I started using the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor this morning. I decided to try using an OPK this month, in addition to Fertility Friend, where I'm temping. My SIL gave me hers, so I finally figured out how to reset it and started it today, on CD1.

I think my cycle is going back to "normal" after being in the pill for so long. Last cycle was 22 days and this cycle was 25. I'm going to try and take some B6 and B12 starting today to try and lengthen my luteal phase. FF told me that I O'ed on CD14, making my LP 11 days. I would like it to be longer and maybe the vitamins can help lengthen my cycles back to 28 days. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

Another question - how long after you start TTC would you suggest seeing one's OB-GYN? I'm 26 and my DH is 26 (almost 27) and we're both very healthy.

I saw my ob-gyn after about 6 months... but I am 35 and have always had pretty irregular periods. My friend, who just turned 30, went almost right away & was told to try naturally for at least a full year before worrying/ testing for problems.
Sorry about your AF. FX for next time :)

The bleeding COMPLETELY STOPPED!!!!!!!!! Gone completely. It was SUPER light this morning, but it was still dark brown and kind of "creamy" (So, so, so sorry for the TMI but I am at a complete loss). Perhaps this is a precursor to AF, I don't know. But OMG am I frustrated. It started 2 days ago and now it's gone.....Maybe it'll come back later. I guess I won't count today as CD1...Bah

Yes, it was negative this morning. AF should (if everything is normal) get here on Friday, so it might be a little early still

Sorry I think the only thing you can do is sit & wait til Friday to see if AF comes or you get a :bfp:- I've heard you can have implantation bleeding anywhere from 3dpo to 10dpo but I'm not quite sure what day you're on, I think you mentioned 11 so unfortunately I'm not sure what to say about it :shrug:

I did find this when I googled around:

After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. For some women implantation will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding. This is sometimes confused for an early period.

Implantation bleeding, also called implantation spotting, does not look like a regular menstrual period. Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge.

Implantation bleeding or menstrual period?
Implantation bleeding normally occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation is likely implantation bleeding; whereas, spotting that occurs very close to the time that your period would normally start may not be. A normal menstrual cycle generally starts off light and then gets heavier. Spotting can sometimes be the sign of an early period. If this is the case, the spotting will pick up to heavier bleeding. If you have spotting right around the time your period would normally start, it can be more confusing. You will need to take the wait and see approach or take a pregnancy test to determine pregnancy.

What if I feel like my period is about to start?
If you have had spotting and think it might be implantation bleeding you may be paying very close attention to your body. If you are trying to get pregnant, the good news is that early pregnancy symptoms feel very similar to the start of your period. If you are pregnant you may begin to notice symptoms of early pregnancy right around the time your period would normally start and sometimes sooner than that. If you suspect pregnancy you can test for pregnancy as early as ten days after ovulation.

How common is implantation bleeding?
Implantation bleeding is fairly common with pregnancy. Twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting during early pregnancy. If you have some light spotting before your period would normally start this is not something to worry about and may be a sign of pregnancy.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->