• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm petrified! Can't be only one?

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
Seriously bricking all this... i can't be the only one? :(

See loads brides are super excited, etc. Some women who are already married saying "oh don't be nervous it'll be fine"

Well thats just not me:nope:

Give me four months and I'll be feeling the same, I'm sure!!

Don't know what to say other than I would expect brides (and grooms) to be nervous as they approach their wedding day. And I'm sure itll only get worse. But once it's here you'll probably question yourself over what you were so worried about :)

Give me four months and I'll be feeling the same, I'm sure!!

Don't know what to say other than I would expect brides (and grooms) to be nervous as they approach their wedding day. And I'm sure itll only get worse. But once it's here you'll probably question yourself over what you were so worried about :)

Just like to know im not over reacting because im finding this so hard.
when i tell OH hes like well you obv don't want to marry me then :growlmad: ermm no! just scared, jesus!

I may be OK on the day (i hope so afterall going have like 10 people in my room from about 7am! lol)

Nooo waaayyyy, I reckon every bride reaches a point like this, whether it's months before the wedding or just hours!! I already know I will be, and I don't think it'll subside until I've got a few glasses of fizz inside me. Haha
Don't worry about OH. Men are different. He'll probably feel it on the day. Men are more detached from their emotions :lol:

Hey hon - You're not alone, by any stretch of the imagination. I've had countless brides come and bawl at me because they were scared, and they just happened to be in the church sorting something or another when the feelings overwhelmed them (I was a Churchwarden, so really involved with brides planning weddings).

What I found though, having talked to them for a bit, is that there always tended to be something specific that was triggering off a bigger feeling of fear... And most often, it was something "little" about the day that was worrying them so much they felt it had to be a bigger problem that they couldn't place (does that make sense?!). Things like, would there be chairs for her to sit on during the service as that bride was sure she would pass out from standing for so long, and another who was worried that the cd wouldn't play for the soloist to sing to during the signing of the register. I'm not saying that this is the same in your case, but if you could try and put your finger on what it is you are petrified of, then we may be able to help you more. But rest assured, you are not alone in feeling scared, and all will be well. :hugs:

Aww I know it's only natural to feel like this... Sometimes I think to myself....omg...I am never going to sleep with another man and experience another willy hehe ;)

How long have u been with ur OH for ? Xxx

Thank you's

Thing that gets me most is whole talking infront of 42 people. Never able to stand up infront of my class of 30 to do stuff at school.

HAHA blondebabe!

we've been together 8yrs in october x

Don't worry it's perfectly normal. And my BIL is so shy they almost eloped and was terrified of getting married in front of 50 people (he's so shy my sister made the speech instead of him) but my sister told me that when they were actually getting married he wasn't nervous because it had come and he knew it was going to be over soon and he didn't ever have to think about it again. Hope that helps xx

I'm very terrified of speaking infront of everyone!! So you aren't alone. But think its just 45 mins of your life and then its done :) xx

Ok, so we're getting somewhere :)

Do you mean saying your vows, or are you giving a speech?

Vows are easy - you're not really looking at the "congregation", you're not even looking at the bloke/woman who's feeding you your lines. Look into your OH's eyes - that's the point where you're making the promises to him to stay with him forever, whatever happens, not to anyone else, so you can honestly forget about them.

Speech - There is a school of thought that says imagine your audience naked... Not good if there's a healthy spattering of oldies in there ;) I go with the option of the next time you go to see your venue, stand where you're going to be standing, and look at what you can see infront of you. Pick a point on the wall, somewhere that would be above people's heads. Maybe there's a clock or a window or a picture. Use that as your focus whilst you're speaking. But by going to look at what's there first you're making an active decision to take control of the situation. It also means that you won't mumble into your notes ;)

Whichever way, you'll be fine :)

HTH :)

I've been petrified for ages and I don't even get married til June!
Both Me and OH are the same though so at least we'll both be a nervous mess on the day :haha:
Makes it worse that we have 116 guests coming to the day, but I guess at least they are all family and close friends!

I was a bridesmaid for my cousin last year and I was a nervous mess, couldn't eat, was nearly sick, shaking the lot! God help me as the bride!

I am so nervous!! I'm terrified of slipping over walking down the aisle! I also have to kneel at one point during the ceremony, I'm so worried I'm going to stand on my dress getting back up and just hear this almighty rip!

I am so nervous!! I'm terrified of slipping over walking down the aisle! I also have to kneel at one point during the ceremony, I'm so worried I'm going to stand on my dress getting back up and just hear this almighty rip!

is it a stone aisle? Running the soles of your shoes down a rough brick wall a few times before the big day should give you just a little more grip on slippy surfaces, such as stone, marble or dance floors :) nobody sees the soles of your shoes!
Do you have a hoop/petticoats under your dress? If so they will hold your dress away from scary ripping heels. Failing that, make sure you take your partner's arm as you get up. That way, if anything is caught (which is highly unlikely, I hasten to add) then you will have time to put it straight as he takes your weight :) HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->