I'm pretty sure I just had my first miscarriage.. :(

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
I was 6.5 weeks pregnant at the start of the week..
Starting Moday, I started spotting light brown. During the week it only progressed. I called the doctor twice. The first time when I noticed the spotting and the second time was when it was becoming more heavy. The second time they requested bloodwork. (Yesterday). Yesterday I was having pretty strong cramping as well. The only positive is that when I had my son through c-section, I don't know what they did, but I don't feel cramps nearly as painful as I did before.
I still don't know what the bloodwork said, however, I'm pretty sure it's over. And I'm sorry if this is TMI, you can stop reading if you'd like.. but I just passed what I'm pretty sure might have been placenta, or part of something. I had never passed anything like it before, even during AF.
I'm upset that we had our first loss, but I'm still looking forward to trying to expand our family. I hope we all can be successful in our endeavor in making or expanding our families soon.

sorry for your loss :( brown blood is often fine, red blood, pain and clots is usually not.

I had bleeding with my first at 11 weeks, which was quite heavy, but no more pain than period cramps. That lasted about 4 days and all was fine.

With my second at 9 weeks I had dark brown (almost mud like? in texture and colour) blood, which then progressed to red blood and clots and a stabbing pain really low in my abdomen that I had to stop and breathe slowly through. The pains happened every 30 mins or so for the first few days and there was lower backache in between. That one ended in miscarriage. Bleeding lasted around 2 weeks then. it was also so heavy that i 'leaked' (TMI, sorry!) through my pad, trousers and onto my bed during the night, just to give an idea of how heavy it can be.

I would still get looked at, as sometimes they like to remove what they can to avoid heavy bleeding and pain for a long time. and there is a slight chance it could be something else. But if you are having a miscarriage, good luck on the rest of your ttc journey!

Thanks for the reply, Destiny! I am definitely going to follow up with my doctor. They have me going for more bloodwork tomorrow.. however, I'm pretty sure I know the result.. I'm not sure if they will scan me or not.. I guess we'll see what they say. :/

Thanks for the reply, Destiny! I am definitely going to follow up with my doctor. They have me going for more bloodwork tomorrow.. however, I'm pretty sure I know the result.. I'm not sure if they will scan me or not.. I guess we'll see what they say. :/

I would imagine they will scan to see if there is a viable pregnancy or not and secondly to see if anything needs removing. With my miscarriage I was 'lucky' that it all went naturally, bleeding was server tho, like a murder scene, my mattress and carpeting was ruined. I still don't have a carpet in my bedroom.

I'm so sorry, miscarriages are very cruel and extremely hard x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"