• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm pretty sure I ovulated both sides...eek!

DaisyDust

Reaction score
I've a pretty regular monthly cycle & every single month for the last few years I've ovulated from the right hand side with an occasional left hand side, but maybe as little as once a year. When I ovulate, it's a really strong sharp twinge.

Anyway, the month I got my BFP I am pretty sure I ovulated from both sides. I keep doubting myself, but I know what I felt. It wasn't as strong as the usual months though but I have the pains both sides.

If I did & 1 egg caught, what happens to the other side if it didn't catch?

Any idea?

I am nearly 9wks & on my 2nd pregnancy so no idea how big I should be. I showed pretty quick the first time but even by my standards I'm massive & thinking of having an early scan as I can't hide it till 12wks.

If you did ovulate on both sides and only one was fertilised then your body will just absorb the other egg.

I had IVF and had two embryos transferred and if only one has stuck my body will just absorb it and the singleton pregnancy will just go on as normal.

Good luck x

If you did ovulate on both sides and only one was fertilised then your body will just absorb the other egg.

I had IVF and had two embryos transferred and if only one has stuck my body will just absorb it and the singleton pregnancy will just go on as normal.

Good luck x

Oh really? Thank you so much. What a relief!
I was thinking it could only cause a period & was kind of waiting to bleed.
Then on the other hand i was panicking it could be twins which would obviously be amazing but OH would've just had our daughter so there was a lot of persuasion around having 2. 3 would send him insane. My sister has IVF twins & had to give up work & I like my job & they are so flexible.

That's amazing you are having twins...congratulations :flower:

I hypo ovulate and this release multiple eggs each time, I think from one ovary though but I never asked, I have twins and this pregnancy started as twins, but one was absorbed. But chances are even if you did releases multiple eggs the chances are only one was fertilised anyway. Good luck Hun

Good luck x

Then on the other hand i was panicking it could be twins which would obviously be amazing but OH would've just had our daughter so there was a lot of persuasion around having 2. 3 would send him insane. My sister has IVF twins & had to give up work & I like my job & they are so flexible.

I'm hoping its twins :D I find out Thursday if they have both stuck :) x

I hypo ovulate and this release multiple eggs each time, I think from one ovary though but I never asked, I have twins and this pregnancy started as twins, but one was absorbed. But chances are even if you did releases multiple eggs the chances are only one was fertilised anyway. Good luck Hun

Pregnancy is so amazing. I thought I knew everything from the first time round. :thumbup:

Good luck x

I'm hoping its twins :D I find out Thursday if they have both stuck :) x

I hope too! Come back & tell us :baby::baby: Good luck xx

Right then...all my worries have got the better of me & I called my ultrasound dept who said my 12wk app is in another 3.5wks. They said I can pay privately for an early reassurance scan for £90 this Thurs.

Thank you god...BOOKED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->