I'm really screwing up with Weight Watchers, help?

amygwen

Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline
Reaction score
Hello!

So, I've done Weight Watchers five times already and each time I was successful but always quit and gained all the weight back. I've been on Weight Watchers now 7 weeks since I've had my son and I've lost around 12 lbs, which I'm happy with.. but I hear my leader over and over telling us "Weight Watchers isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change" but I can't seem to get my head around it.

I always pig out (or don't eat healthy) on Thursday thru Sunday and then on Monday thru Wednesday (Thursday is my weigh in day) I don't eat much, so I'm not really following the plan, because I'm not getting in my milks, veggies fruits, liquids or anything. I just don't know what to do.. because I don't have supportive work colleagues and they're always going out to eat and I feel like I need to join them, but I always get something really unhealthy. What should I do? Do you have any motivational tips? I just can't stop pigging out! :(

Well, you have to decide what is more important to you: pigging out on food or losing the weight. You can't have both. There are a couple of girls here that have lost a lot and have kept it off. They don't make excuses. You have even more girls who complain that they aren't losing weight but then fully admit that they eat poorly or pig out on food, etc. It comes down to whether or not you want to make excuses to continue being overweight (not sure if you are overweight or not, or what your goal is) or if you want to really change. Until you decide to change your eating habits, you can't expect your body to change and stay that way.

A little thing I always go by: real deprivation is staying overweight and unhappy. Everytime you pick up a piece of junk food that your body doesn't need, ask yourself, is this worth being overweight and unhapy?

Losing weight is really, really, really hard. It is even harder, IME, to keep it off.

I have always said that I wanted to lose weight, but for me it was about looks. I wanted to look better. Of course, in the evening when I am sat in front of the TV on my sofa and the kids are in bed, right at that minute I do want a packet of crisps or bar of chocolate more than I want to lose weight.

Now I want to lose weight to look better still, but I also want to be healthier and fitter. For the first time ever I am combining exercise and going to the gym with healthy eating. I feel so much better already and have lost 12lb in under 3 weeks, and I am eating loads. I expect my loss to slow down soon and I feel confident that I won't get worried about that, because I know I feel much better and that counts more than what the scales say.

I have always found WW extremely restrictive tbh, and was always starving on it. It's not something I could stick to long term.

Losing weight is really, really, really hard. It is even harder, IME, to keep it off.

I have always said that I wanted to lose weight, but for me it was about looks. I wanted to look better. Of course, in the evening when I am sat in front of the TV on my sofa and the kids are in bed, right at that minute I do want a packet of crisps or bar of chocolate more than I want to lose weight.

Now I want to lose weight to look better still, but I also want to be healthier and fitter. For the first time ever I am combining exercise and going to the gym with healthy eating. I feel so much better already and have lost 12lb in under 3 weeks, and I am eating loads. I expect my loss to slow down soon and I feel confident that I won't get worried about that, because I know I feel much better and that counts more than what the scales say.

I have always found WW extremely restrictive tbh, and was always starving on it. It's not something I could stick to long term.

Thanks so much! I can completely relate to you.. I hate the weekends because I'm not working and I could just sit down all day, watch tv & eat chips and all this unhealthy stuff!! (Like today!) :( But congrats on dropping 12lb, that's great! I definitely need to incorporate exercise into a regular routine, i think that's half my problem! Thanks hun! :o)

Well, you have to decide what is more important to you: pigging out on food or losing the weight. You can't have both. There are a couple of girls here that have lost a lot and have kept it off. They don't make excuses. You have even more girls who complain that they aren't losing weight but then fully admit that they eat poorly or pig out on food, etc. It comes down to whether or not you want to make excuses to continue being overweight (not sure if you are overweight or not, or what your goal is) or if you want to really change. Until you decide to change your eating habits, you can't expect your body to change and stay that way.

A little thing I always go by: real deprivation is staying overweight and unhappy. Everytime you pick up a piece of junk food that your body doesn't need, ask yourself, is this worth being overweight and unhapy?

Thx for your advice! I definitely need to get on track.. you put my mind in a different perspective.. junk food is definitely not worth staying overweight and being very unhappy. I'm definitely going to keep that in mind! :o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->