I'm really worried I won't know!

Expecting1

Reaction score
I'm scared I won't know when to leave for the hospital. I've read all the things about stages of labor but being a FTM I'm scared my labor will be quick OR long and I end up waiting too long to leave. :confused:

We live 45mins from hospital so we're in the process of getting our bags ready as hubs can't just duck home for supplies (we can't afford the fuel)

Did you just "know" when it was time to go? I hope to god I "know" lol.

I'm just such a planner lol I hate the fact that Tanner decides when he wants to come out :haha:

I have no idea as I'm a ftm too but as you still have a while to go maybe you could get a spare can for fuel now so you wouldn't have to worry about it closer to the time if dh had to pop back for something or if you had false labour. My dh has one in case he's low on fuel and I went into labour in the middle of the night and for when he works nights he doesn't have to stop at 4am for fuel. Just a thought.

You'll know Hun! Just make sure you have all your bags packed ready. If you go a little to early then it won't matter , we ended up going in when I was I only 4 cm with my first but I stayed at the hospital because we lived half an hour away. Try not to worry xx

OMG I never thought of NOT having fuel in the car :shock:
Our car has a reserve tank (it's a 4x4 and has 2 fuel tanks for long distance desert crossings) so I think I'll put a decent amount of fuel in there closer to time!!
If we are early to the hospital and they tell us we've got to wait a few hours, if it's a week day, we'd probably stay in town and walk around... A lot!! Lol but I'm dreading getting told to come all the way back!!

I'm terrified, too. I hope I just "know". This is my second! With my first, I had no unusual contractions until my water broke, and then I only knew it was time because of that. :haha: And labor was so easy and painless for me. I'm so scared that I'll end up giving birth in my home, alone, or something crazy like that!

I was induced last time so I've been worried too. Hoping it's instinct on when to go! The hospital is about half hour away and we'll need to drop dd off at my mum's on the way.

My other worry is that dh will miss it as his job involves being on the road so he'll be hard to get hold of and he'll have to back to the office, do paperwork and then drive back to us. My MW has said given I had a quick labour last time I could be only 2 hours this time! Hopefully it will happen in the middle of the night!

Hubs has ruptured discs in his spine so he's on disability and I'm carer so we don't have to worry about being "ready" (I use that term lightly :rofl:) I've been hoping we have a late night/early morning house exit! I don't particularly like the way hubs drives and I'd much rather the roads be empty lol.
And if its super late at night/super early in the morning I get to wake my family :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->