im scared, advice please.

mumdream2013

Reaction score
hi ladies
Im scared. im 7 weeks today with twins. since week 4 i spot with brown cm.
i had a big bleed last Thursday, had scan all appeared ok with twins, i got home and something purple red came out like thin liver. the bleeding stopped that night. but i had brown cm since. had bad morning sickness, but it eased off yesterday and this morning, feel bit sick but not as bad. had cramps yesterday and today.
i got a private scan today at 4pm. am petrified its all gone wrong.
any advice? x x

I had spotting and a large bleed in the 1st trimester with my twins. It's quite common.

It sounds like you passed a clot which would have been an accumulation of the blood. It doesn't neccessarily mean disaster though as you can pass some quite large clots and everything is still fine. I had quite a few during my big bleed. Cramping too can be normal as the uterus is irritated by the bleed.
Keep well hydrated as this eases any cramping and is good for you in general.

The only way to find out for sure what's going on is at the scan though, hopefully they will give you good news.
Good luck - I know it's really scary. :flower:

I have some bleeding during the first half of the first trimester, we found it was due to a subchronic bleed which cleared on its own. Good luck with your scan.

I had bleeding at 7 weeks and freaked out! Everything turned out just fine. My doctors kept telling me that bleeding with twins is much more common.

I had bleeding too sweetie very common with multiples I believe something like 30% of multiple pregnancies involve bleeding. I hope your scan went ok xxxx

Brown spot at 6w0 sent me running to the ER on Sunday July 28 where we learned about our double blessing. Hang in there <3

hi everyone! thank you
well my scan went well and saw our 2 babies beating away :-D:-D
am 7 weeks
however, all night non stop had period type cramps quite bad i took pain killers.
is this normal? i do still have brown cm or brown blood sometimes. Will this just continue now?
x x

Yay congrats! Glad everything looked good. :thumbup:

While I still bled and spotted I had lots of cramping.
The EPAU midwives told me cramps often go together with spotting as the uterus gets irritated and tries to expel the bleed. I took paracetamol too around this time.
Try and rest up and drink lots of water. Also you will be getting stretching pains too... it's all part of the joys of a twin pregnancy!

My bleeding, bad cramping and sickness all stopped around 11 weeks. Which was nice. I got other horrible symptoms instead though :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->