I'm scared :(

Quackquack99

Reaction score
All throughout pregnancy I have been really excited and not scared but yesterday I had the simple test to check if I am leaking any fluid. I told the midwife to be gentle because I clamp up when anything foreign goes near there. She speculum was ok, painful but I managed. But the the small swab she inserted was excruciating as my cervix was closed. Now I'm panicking. I don't want any sweeps, induction or even internals to see how dialated I am. I spent last night crying because of the vaginismus (involuntary tightening down below) how on earth will I push a baby out. I want a natural birth. I'm so scared. Please tell me the pushing part is the easiest.

hey hun, don't feed your panic :) i honestly think that pushing part is the easiest because your body does the main job. the urge is so strong and relieving that after all those contractions it feels really good. for me personally contractions were the worst part (back labor) and as a pain relieve i'll get a TENS machine this time around God willing
i highly suggest you to read up on hypnobirthing techniques, they work excellent for relaxation

Thank you.I'm not bothered about the contractions. Yes they will hurt but I'm prepared for that. The only comfort I have is that when its time to push its like having a big poo. I really hope so because I don't want an epidural or a c section. They both scare me. I really want an easy recovery

You don't have to have any examinations 'down below' if you don't want to, just tell the midwife when you go to the hospital (if you're having a hospital birth that is). For me the pushing part was the easiest, i just concentrated and focused on what my body was doing and gave it my all. All i had was gas and air as i also didn't want an epidural. Also the pushing part was the least painful for me. I had a couple of stiches after and they hurt more lol. Stay positive and i'm sure you'll be fine!!

You'll be absolutely fine hun. As the other ladies have said, the contractions are the worst part. The pushing part is easy because it's such a huge relief and your body just takes over. I had to do it twice in 10 minutes :lol: and I was so relaxed after I'd pushed my daughter out that I barely remember DS being born 9 minutes later. The examinations are not pleasant and I definately found them much worse than the pushing. Everyone has different experiences I know, but I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could because it was the most awesome experience of my life :happydance: x

You'll be absolutely fine hun. As the other ladies have said, the contractions are the worst part. The pushing part is easy because it's such a huge relief and your body just takes over. I had to do it twice in 10 minutes :lol: and I was so relaxed after I'd pushed my daughter out that I barely remember DS being born 9 minutes later. The examinations are not pleasant and I definately found them much worse than the pushing. Everyone has different experiences I know, but I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could because it was the most awesome experience of my life :happydance: x

Me toooooo!! :cloud9:

Agree with the others, contractions are the worst (I wobbled a lot, thought I'd cope better) but my body did all the pushing for me, it was fine!

I have the same problem as you as far as tightening up, i smear is torture and my dr is going to prescribe me valium before my next one.
However im on my 3rd baby. With my first i was terrified of being examined to see how far dilated i was - this was my biggest fear. And to my utter suprise i didnt feel anything and less again with my 2nd. All your insides & cervix are soft & i cant really explain it but it didnt hurt. Pushing something out of totally different to having something pushed in.
Keep an open mind i had a epidural with first it was bliss i had been desperate.
I had natural with 2nd and by time u push its all different down there so nothing like internals etc.
As far as being induced tips to avoid this is to let go at the end. I was scared and she got later & later ! I was 10 days overdue & just gave in and accepted i wud have to b induced but went into labour next day. I believe its cause i mentally let go and relaxed.
U will be fine and get through it. Take steps to avoid being induced lots of walks, rasp leaf tea sex etcetcetc it wil b positive for u xx

I had the exact same problem and fear. Everytime my doc would check me I would tense up and he would have to keep saying relax but relaxing was physically impossible as much as I wanted too!! Labor is completely different though because your body is ready and knows what to do. I swear to you that labor is not anywhere near as bad as you are thinking. I'm not gonna lie to you and say it doesn't hurt at all but honestly afterwards my I remember thinking "okay, that was not bad at all". Maybe I was just on cloud 9 with my little girl but I would do it again everyday for the rest of my life if that's what I had to do to have my little girl :cloud9:.

Phew I thought I was the only one! Its so enlightening to see others who have felt the exact same way and have managed to give birth naturally! Can anyone tell me how a membrane sweep is? Is it less painful if the cervix is favourable. Thank you to everyone

a sweep is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy less painful if your already favorable in fact if your not favorable they can often not do the sweep anyway

I feel so bad on my OH. He is so excited to meet his baby yet I'm refusing induction and membrane sweep. I'll probably allow a sweep if I'm atleast 10 days overdue. I heard they use a pessary to induce you so that's a big no. Fingers crossed I go into labour naturally. Thanks everyone

Don't stress out, due date can be 2 weeks sooner/later. It's absolutely normal. U don't need an induction if baby and placenta are okay (ultrasound). Also, sex and long walks help to speed thing up

Phew I thought I was the only one! Its so enlightening to see others who have felt the exact same way and have managed to give birth naturally! Can anyone tell me how a membrane sweep is? Is it less painful if the cervix is favourable. Thank you to everyone

hey babe, ive had two sweeps, and although im still pregnant, my cervix is closed and not effaced and I didnt think it was that bad at all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->