Im So Disturbed By This Image

Lellow

Déjà poo ... Get it?
Reaction score
Hello.

I was reading an article on the DM today, heres the link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...res-images-cartel-controlled-communities.html

And this one image really really disturbed me and i cannot stop thinking about it.

https://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3972/88227274.png

Heres my question though - Is there a social services set up in under-developed countries like this?

I know, UK, USA and Canada etc do...but what about everywhere else?

I just cant stop looking at it and thinking about that poor child...he looks like my own sons age :cry:

i did see this earlier today and keep thinking about it its just awful

I dont even know what to say :nope:

Hello.

I was reading an article on the DM today, heres the link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...res-images-cartel-controlled-communities.html

And this one image really really disturbed me and i cannot stop thinking about it.

Heres my question though - Is there a social services set up in under-developed countries like this?

I just cant stop looking at it and thinking about that poor child...he looks like my own sons age :cry:

I saw this earlier. Just so heartbreaking.
Off topic slightly, has anyone seen the fb post about women beggars that are holding children in their arms? I've seen some in Barcelona , quite a few times but basically these babies are always asleep in the woman's arms iykwim... I've given money to them in the past but the post was about how on earth these children are always asleep.. What baby/toddler sleeps all day? They're drugged up so they sleep and look 'more charity worthy' often with heroin or vodka.
Now , I take these things on fb with a pinch of salt, I wouldn't necessarily believe it but it when ever I've seen a mother begging the child has been asleep every time.
That's pretty much played on my mind all week, do not give money to these people.

Hello.

Off topic slightly, has anyone seen the fb post about women beggars that are holding children in their arms? I've seen some in Barcelona , quite a few times but basically these babies are always asleep in the woman's arms iykwim... I've given money to them in the past but the post was about how on earth these children are always asleep.. What baby/toddler sleeps all day? They're drugged up so they sleep and look 'more charity worthy' often with heroin or vodka.
Now , I take these things on fb with a pinch of salt, I wouldn't necessarily believe it but it when ever I've seen a mother begging the child has been asleep every time.
That's pretty much played on my mind all week, do not give money to these people.

I saw that too and at the bottom it said these poor babies are often dead :cry:

Hello.

And they carry on holding them just for the cash..

How does this happen ?? Who lets this happen?? its always in tourist areas too, its not as if its underdeveloped and poor countries.. So fricking sad.

It's stuck with me all week...

Oh Tina and Lora, thats made my heart sink hearing that...we have this a lot of this on holiday too, its heartbreaking. :cry:

Hello.

About 18 years ago I went to london planitarium with our school and I remember seeing this woman who looked what id guess middle eastern (im no good at guessing where abouts) darkish skin and jet black hair sitting by the underground entrance bugging with a child in her arms.
I thought it was realy starnge this this 3/4 year old seemed fast asleep (in fact she looked more comatosed) but what I did find realy odd was this child had very pale typical caucasian skin and very blond hair.
About 4 years later I took some disabled kids to the wax works museum thats next to the planetarium and saw again the same woman sitting near the same spot with the same child drapped across her lap now about 7/8 years old still looking completly comatosed.
Because of the nature of the girl with very blond hair and the "mother" clearly looking of a differant race I couldnt help but wonder if the child was even hers or where she got the child from, and what 7/8 year old just lays there still asleep.
We saw her again later that day when we left and the child was still asleep looking a good 4/5 hours later.
I actualy saw her again a few months after on a train in london with a sign begging for money with the same child across her lap again asleep.
It was the differance between the child and mother that made her so recognisable and why it was instantly obvious it was the same person.

Hello.

And they carry on holding them just for the cash..

How does this happen ?? Who lets this happen?? its always in tourist areas too, its not as if its underdeveloped and poor countries.. So fricking sad.

It's stuck with me all week...

I travel to developing countries with 14-18 yr olds as a part of a cultural/social experience. I have been to Dehli in India and seen some horrific things on the streets, including a dead man and lots of beggars with children. I never encourage my students to give them anything!.... It will probably never stop being like this but it is less likely to stop if you encourage it x

We live sheltered lives in developed countries.

I've seen women with babies begging in Manchester - and they were asleep. To be honest it just angers me, I don't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the children for being used as pawns. They're babies, they should be at home, somewhere nice and warm...I watched a documentary of a 4 year old girl who was put on the streets of london to beg for money for 12 hours a day, she was roaming around in the middle of the night on her own ....the BBC were worried about her and tracked her family down in the foreign country (who make her 'work') and they were filthy rich! Living in mansions and they were very aggressive when confronted about why they make the young girl work when they already have so much money.

Theres a woman who begs on Oxford Road every day and puts on her desperate 'please' face....yet she has money for a mobile phone and smokes cigarettes :dohh: I know that there is a chance that she's being made to do it, but you never know. If 6 people walk past and give her a £1, that equates to more than what some people get from earning a legitimate wage :nope:

Smokey that is horrific. I cant even imagine what she is doiong to keep that poor child asleep at that age :nope:

I've seen women with babies begging in Manchester - and they were asleep. To be honest it just angers me, I don't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the children for being used as pawns. They're babies, they should be at home, somewhere nice and warm...I watched a documentary of a 4 year old girl who was put on the streets of london to beg for money for 12 hours a day, she was roaming around in the middle of the night on her own ....the BBC were worried about her and tracked her family down in the foreign country (who make her 'work') and they were filthy rich! Living in mansions and they were very aggressive when confronted about why they make the young girl work when they already have so much money.

Theres a woman who begs on Oxford Road every day and puts on her desperate 'please' face....yet she has money for a mobile phone and smokes cigarettes :dohh: I know that there is a chance that she's being made to do it, but you never know. If 6 people walk past and give her a £1, that equates to more than what some people get from earning a legitimate wage :nope:

I remember reading a article years ago about a homless guy that sold the big issue and the money he made from it over the course of 10 years he actualy bought his own house.
He spent 10 years living on the street and was offered housing but he choose to stay on the streets to save money and lived off begged money on a daily basis.
It was estimated he made around £80 a day on begging money and around £120 a day on selling the big issue

I can't believe this is going on in developed countries! The UK government should be ashamed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->