Im So Disturbed By This Image

Aside from my thoughts on the image, I just don't understand why people repost things that upset them. I'm not 'picking on' the op as I've seen it a lot on bnb, Facebook and twitter. Horrible images of child abuse, animal abuse, things that I wish I'd never seen.
If they are upsetting you why go on to upset others? I never normally click on things or watch the videos but I just don't understand circulating these things.
We all know these things go on, I for one don't need the images in my head permanently.
Sorry for the rant but I really am curious as to why you would post a picture that has upset you.

Maybe because talking about a issue and bringing awarness to it will eventualy do more for its cause in the long run then ignoring it, and pretending its not a problem because you dont have to hear about it.
Still birth, cot death and miscarriage are good examples of this, how many centeries has it been a "lets not talk about it" subject yet the main ones that are most upset are the ones that cant talk freely about their babies.
If it was left as a subject not to talkabout there would be no support groups or people trying to help.

I don't want to ignore anything and I'm all for awareness, education and discussion but reposting photo's of distressing images is 'in my view' unnecessary. If I was logged onto a site about abuse I would understand but I'm not. Op said she found the picture upsetting so why repost it? I just don't understand. It's obviously going to be emotive. If you just want a discussion have one but its the image I don't get.

Aside from my thoughts on the image, I just don't understand why people repost things that upset them. I'm not 'picking on' the op as I've seen it a lot on bnb, Facebook and twitter. Horrible images of child abuse, animal abuse, things that I wish I'd never seen.
If they are upsetting you why go on to upset others? I never normally click on things or watch the videos but I just don't understand circulating these things.
We all know these things go on, I for one don't need the images in my head permanently.
Sorry for the rant but I really am curious as to why you would post a picture that has upset you.

Maybe because talking about a issue and bringing awarness to it will eventualy do more for its cause in the long run then ignoring it, and pretending its not a problem because you dont have to hear about it.
Still birth, cot death and miscarriage are good examples of this, how many centeries has it been a "lets not talk about it" subject yet the main ones that are most upset are the ones that cant talk freely about their babies.
If it was left as a subject not to talkabout there would be no support groups or people trying to help.

I don't want to ignore anything and I'm all for awareness, education and discussion but reposting photo's of distressing images is 'in my view' unnecessary. If I was logged onto a site about abuse I would understand but I'm not. Op said she found the picture upsetting so why repost it? I just don't understand. It's obviously going to be emotive. If you just want a discussion have one but its the image I don't get.

But you cant really say you shocked by a image and then not show the image your refering to because that then just becomes a pointless statement that no one will really understand what the hell your refering to or on about.
At least the title makes it obvious that there is somthing some are going to find disturbing so people have a choice to open it or not unlike threads with titles such as "look at this" or "what do you think of this image" or as with facebook (and I agree with you about reposting shock pictures on fb as iv deleted people for this) its just there with no warning or choice of to look or not.

I think that as long as there is a warning on the title of the thread then it is acceptable. Would I post pictures like this or similar, no, but that is me.
If people want to post it and put a warning then it is the readers choice to proceed. That woman has needles marks all over her body and yes that child should be taken from her custody immediately. If she was a woman who needed help to house or feed that baby that would be different, she is a drug addict who I don't care what anyone says is NOT capable of doing right by this child . JMO

But have you seen the alternative of what classed as social services in some of these countries?
Babies and young children left in cots all day and all night, no interaction, minimal of food just to keep them alive, bed sores where they arnt allowed out of bed, slowely withdrawing from lack of human contact, rocking back and forth crying to themselfs and eventual mental illnesses, some even tied to the beds to stop them hurting themselfs or getting up.
Then at a age just cast back out into society to fend for themselfs ofyen with now mental illnesses to beg on streets or sell their bodies.
Not saying its all like that but it happens.
For all we know from the picture as there I no real info this child is still clothed, fef, cuddled, played with and loved.
Whats the lesser of the two evils because life isnt always as black and white as "the mother does drugs, tje childs better off elswhere"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->