I'm so done with these cramps!

lolita1990

Reaction score
This is a bit ranty but I'm sore and miserable and feel like I have to get it off my chest without ringing OHs/ my mums ears any longer lol.

On Monday I woke up very crampy, just like I was on my period which obviously didn't bother or worry me too much. The cramps have been getting progressively worse since and last night were accompanied by some intense back pain. The only thing is though, they are constant! No regularity or intervals to time so I'm just in constant pain :cry: I'm still getting the usual BH contractions on top of these cramps so I keep thinking that this could be it but its not.

I'm due tomorrow so I'm more than ready for him to come! I just wish it would turn into something as being in pain for 5 days in pain is a lot to take knowing that I've got to put my body through a helluva lot more for him to eventually come. I reckon I'm in slow labour. I know people will say that this can last for a while but it already has. Anyone had 5/6 days of slow labour before?

Bit of a pointless thread really but I needed to vent. Oh, and the contact texts from friends and family saying "are you still pregnant?/ nothing happening yet?" Grrrr... I know they mean well but no one wants this little baby to be here more than me and I'll bloody tell you if something happens :dohh:

Thanks for reading. Hope everyone is well x

Sadly you will find that not many people reply to threads in this section. I put up a thread a week ago and had no reply.

Anyhow, I think it is possible to start labour and for the first stage to last 5 days. Maybe you are effacing slowly?

I remember with my daughter the period cramp came at 6am on a Friday. Throughout the day it was every 15mins. When I called the midwife, they just kept telling me it was maybe Braxton hicks. By 4pm it wasn't going away and finally they called me in for an examination. The midwife said I was effacing and not dilated and that I wouldn't be in labour for another week. However that evening it for regular and the whole night I was getting them every 10mins. They wouldn't still let me go in! By saturday 12pm my husband was fed up and just drove me there and I was 4cm dilated by then. They put me in the labour ward.

Have you gone in for an examination? Maybe see if you can get it checked out.

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply :flower:

No I've not but I might go in tomorrow as OH is very busy today with lots on so he'd be unable to come with me.

I suppose it's possible that I'm effacing without dilating or vice versa, I never thought about that! This is the stuff they don't tell you lol! Another week of this....? Ooooh no! I'm hoping LO decides to come soon. I wouldn't mind the pain if I knew it was going somewhere soon! x

With my first I had 5-6 days of uncomfortable and regular cramping before 'real' serious labor kicked in and with #2 I had 2 weeks of contractions every 5-10 mins that were consistent and uncomfortable but not painful before my water broke and serious labor kicked in. With this one, I'm 36 weeks + and it appears that the uncomfy contractions are starting to ramp up, so I figure I'm in for a couple of weeks of it. The good news is that when I hit active labor my 1st was born in 4 hours and my 2nd in 3.

With my first I was in slow labour for 5 days with cramping regularly, they induced me as I had a heavy bright bleed, but good news was I was only in labour for 5 hours!! Im in slow labour this time, its been on and off for about 2 weeks but I have started getting stronger cramps so fingers crossed!!

I would advise you to contact your midwife and see what they say, fingers crossed you go soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->